Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, cutewi said:

Has anyone actually booked through the website?

Just wondering how long it takes them to confirm reservation.

I use the  site just to review the offers , never booked as you can see just the offer value and expatriation date but it is missing info like which ships you can book , which cruise are valid etc ...

So I just call , by the way , very important to view it first as there was more than once I had to tell them which better offers I saw to get the best deal ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and there are very often offers that do not even appear on this site.  Twice now I have had to have them verify an offer that I received in either the snail mail or email that they wasn't even showing anywhere.  I find this site to be less than useful.  The bottom line is....you have to be your own best advocate when dealing with Club Royale.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cutewi said:

I did try and book through the site just to see what happened. I had free interior so I booked that, when I received my invoice confirmation it as $2000!! So much for a free cruise.

It is usually free cruise on select sailings.  If you wish to select a cruise not on their free cruise list, you will get a nominal amount reduced from the total cruise fare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cutewi said:

I did try and book through the site just to see what happened. I had free interior so I booked that, when I received my invoice confirmation it as $2000!! So much for a free cruise.

That's why I think that site is fairly useless.  It gives you NO details about what is or is not available.  I just call them or ask Michelle to call for me.  It's just as fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did call and booked AOS. I upgraded to JS from ov for $600 each at which time they told me I had to pay cruise in full because I did an upgrade. So what would happen if there was a price reduction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We took a 4 year break from cruising then tried HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam the end of November last year. I usually only gamble a hundred bucks on cruises, including my past RCCL ones, but this time I gambled a bit more although at the end of the week I only lost $137. I was shocked two weeks after returning home to get an email with "exclusive casino offers' that included free inside cabins on a lot of sailing and inexpensive upgrades to other catagory staterooms and suites. April 7th we are going on our "free" cruise (we still had to pay port fees , taxes and airfare to Florida but still a $1200+ value free). We could have upgraded to a balcony for $598 total and a suite that would have cost me $4300+ to book otherwise for just $1598. Would have definitely done the suite if we didn't have a 2 1/2 week trip to Italy and Greece in Septyember that includes a 9 night Greek Island cruise on Jewel of the Seas.

While we are on Jewel in September I will gamble more than the hundred bucks or so I have in the past on RCCL and will be curious to see if I start getting casino offers like HAL sent me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Notlad said:

We took a 4 year break from cruising then tried HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam the end of November last year. I usually only gamble a hundred bucks on cruises, including my past RCCL ones, but this time I gambled a bit more although at the end of the week I only lost $137. I was shocked two weeks after returning home to get an email with "exclusive casino offers' that included free inside cabins on a lot of sailing and inexpensive upgrades to other catagory staterooms and suites. April 7th we are going on our "free" cruise (we still had to pay port fees , taxes and airfare to Florida but still a $1200+ value free). We could have upgraded to a balcony for $598 total and a suite that would have cost me $4300+ to book otherwise for just $1598. Would have definitely done the suite if we didn't have a 2 1/2 week trip to Italy and Greece in Septyember that includes a 9 night Greek Island cruise on Jewel of the Seas.

While we are on Jewel in September I will gamble more than the hundred bucks or so I have in the past on RCCL and will be curious to see if I start getting casino offers like HAL sent me.

I had a similar experience with Norwegian.  After 1 cruise with them, we received a free cruise.  We went on that cruise and then never heard another thing from them.

I can promise you that $100 will not do anything to get you a free cruise on RCCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 1:10 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I had a similar experience with Norwegian.  After 1 cruise with them, we received a free cruise.  We went on that cruise and then never heard another thing from them.

I can promise you that $100 will not do anything to get you a free cruise on RCCL.

Oh it was more than $100 on the HAL cruise! LOL!! Just in the past it has only been about a $100 on my previous cruises including RCCL ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...