deluxe drinks package questions

hi all,

we are booked on the Allure of the Seas for Jan 2020. Part of the deal was two deluxe drinks package, which was great value, we have pre paid gratuities, a few questions.

1. If I go to a bar do I have to have both our Sea passes or just one?

2. As we have pre paid gratuities is there still going to be 18% on each drink charged to my account.

3. Do many people tip on top of the 18% already paid.

TIA

Welcome to the boards, Tia !

1.  You must have a seapass "in hand" for each drink that you want to get.  Even then, sometimes, they will ask you to point out the other person(s) for whom you are getting the drink but most often, if both seapasses are DDP then they won't even blink.

2.  When you purchase the drink package (whether ahead of time, online or on the ship), the price automatically includes the required 18% gratuity.  You are paid in full !

3.  Many do tip in addition to the already-paid grat but it is not required.  Personal choice.

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Many do tip in addition to the already-paid grat but it is not required.  Personal choice

For me this has to be exceptional service, IE., if you keep going to the same bar all week and the same guy looks up and finds you and serves you fast, maybe ahead of other people, maybe that might garner something additional, IMO.

I'd like to piggy back onto this thread.  My cabin mate and I have the DDP and I was just wondering (I've never cruised on RC), can I get the premium coffees anywhere or are there designated places I have to go to order them?  I know Starbucks is off-limits, but I'm not a Starbucks kind of gal anyway.  Was wondering if I can get the fresh-squeezed orange juice and premium coffees in the Windjammer and Main Dining Room?

1 hour ago, Lori B said:

Was wondering if I can get the fresh-squeezed orange juice and premium coffees in the Windjammer and Main Dining Room?

My experience has been that the fresh-squeezed OJ is actually offered only in the Windjammer and MDR, and then only during breakfast hours. In the Windjammer, there is a station set up by the bar where you can get it after showing the person there your SeaPass card. In the MDR, you'll just ask your waiter for fresh-squeezed OJ when you put in your order, and give them your SeaPass card. Do be sure to specify fresh-squeezed to him/her, and not just "orange juice"; doing the latter will get you a free glass of the stuff from concentrate.

For most kinds of premium coffees (cappuccinos, espressos, lattes, frappuccino-style beverages, any "spiked" coffees, etc.), you'll generally get those at places like Cafe Promenade, La Patisserie, Park Cafe, etc; specific venue will vary by ship. You'll also find a more limited selection in the MDR menu, mainly cappuccino, espresso, and spiked coffees. If you're in a specialty restaurant, you may or may not have access to specialty coffees; when I was on Anthem, I had asked for an after-dinner cappuccino while we were in Wonderland, and our waiter ended up going to La Patisserie and getting it for me from there!