Labadee Zip Line question

bobbydx

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to know with the Labadee Zip Line (dragons breath) what is the policy with GoPros? My buddy took a GoPro on the zip line in October and was told by the staff that he could not hold it while riding as both hands needed to be on the top bar? Is this normal? I am thinking about bringing a wrist attachment or worst case scenario a head attachment but no sure what view i might get from either of them.

What has been everyone elses experience?

Thanks

Hi @bobbydx, welcome to the forums!

My family also was told the same as your buddy, but several folks here have gone down the zip line with GoPros or even their phones held in one hand and only the other hand on the top bar. So it seems to be luck of the draw with who you get for staff.

Definitely have a wrist strap, head mount, or other means to solidly secure your GoPro to yourself, as you really don't want to accidentally drop it into the ocean and rocks below, or onto any people who might be below you before you get over the water.

The position the staff recommends is based on weight and that day's conditions.  My skinny DD was told to hold the torpedo position until about half way down then grab hold of the bars.  My DH was told to grab with both hands.  He grabbed with 1 hand and used the Go Pro with a wrist attachment and no one corrected him.  Like @JLMoran said it depends on the staff and how strictly they enforce the rules and if you choose to follow them 100%.

We're trying the new Dragon's Fire (looks like you are in the Superman position) in March and no bars to hold onto.

I used the wrist strap and just let go with one hand, but only got about half the ride because I had to drop the camera and grab the top bar with both hands.

With that said, the staff official policy is chest or head strap and both hands on the bar. You would be able to get the full ride on video with a strap.

I just went last week. I did the seated and not the lay flat superman position, so I don't know the policy for it.

47 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I just went last week. I did the seated

So Tiny, when you going to post the video? We'd love to hear "tiny260" ( who has posted he's a big guy that can push people around) screaming like a little girl during the ride? :3_grin: