Printing eDocs

baltodave

I print paper copies as backup. Call it Type A behaviour or whatever but what if something happens to your phone? I rarely need my paper copies, I do use my phone, especially now with the new Royal app. However, there was this one time last summer where my phone (which was fully charged) died as soon as I arrived at the terminal. We tried everything to get it going again but no such luck. I sure was thankful to have my paper copies that time ?

27 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I print paper copies as backup. Call it Type A behaviour or whatever but what if something happens to your phone? I rarely need my paper copies, I do use my phone, especially now with the new Royal app. However, there was this one time last summer where my phone (which was fully charged) died as soon as I arrived at the terminal. We tried everything to get it going again but no such luck. I sure was thankful to have my paper copies that time ?

No different than an airline - show your ID and ask them to print one for you.  

Checking in once at Bayonne and they didn't like my printed SetSail pass used for boarding so they printed me a new one.  

As long as you have checked in online you technically can show up with nothing (other than passport) and still board the ship.  Might take a little longer but this is the worst case scenario fall back plan.  

On 1/19/2019 at 5:08 AM, whenismynextcruise said:

Why couldnt we just use the PDF on out phone for set sail? Anyone tried it?

The primary rationale is for "traditional" means of check-in.

1. You have to hand the info over to pier agent.  While you can hand them a phone, paper is certainly easier for their set up. Not to mention having to worry about phone being unlocked.

2. The pier agent usually marks the check-in sheet to indicate you've actually checked in.