Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: February 3, 2019
Happy weekend! We hope you are in the midst of a wonderful weekend full of friends, fun, and plenty of things to do to pass the time between cruises. We have a summary of all of this week's Royal Caribbean news in case you missed any of it!
The big Royal Caribbean news this week was Royal Caribbean's announcement of the name for its second Quantum Class cruise ship.
Odyssey of the Seas will be the cruise line's 27th ship in the fleet and will debut in the fall of 2020.
Odyssey will sail from the United States, and Royal Caribbean has promised more details about Odyssey of the Seas later this year.
Royal Caribbean News
- Kids Sail Free offer is back for the month of February.
- During a call with investors, Royal Caribbean talked about booking trends, CocoCay and more.
- Here is when to expect more 2020-2021 sailings to be released for booking.
- We shared tips and tricks for taking a 3-night Royal Caribbean cruise.
- Royal Caribbean posted a new video all about the FlowRider surf simulator.
- We spotted a new Diamond Happy Hour drink menu design.
- Forbes named Royal Caribbean one of America's best employers for diversity.
- Victoria, Canada is expanding its harbor to accommodate Quantum Class ships.
- Michael Poole live blogged this week from Brilliance of the Seas.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
Rafael and Alanna are back from their Independence of the Seas cruise and they talk about how their first "big" Royal Caribbean ship sailing went.
New Royal Caribbean Cruise Compasses
One of the best ways to learn about what sort of events a cruise ship offers is to consult a past Royal Caribbean Cruise Compass. Here is a look at which Cruise Compasses we added this week.
- Adventure of the Seas 8-night Eastern Caribbean Adventure Ocean Cruise Compass - January 5, 2019
- Adventure of the Seas 8-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Compass - January 5, 2019
- Independence of the Seas 6-night Western Caribbean Cruise Compass - January 25, 2019
- Liberty of the Seas 7-night Western Caribbean Cruise Compass - January 20, 2019
- Freedom of the Seas 7-night Southern Caribbean Cruise Compass - January 20, 2019
- Navigator of the Seas 12-night Baltics Cruise Compass - June 15, 2018
- Oasis of the Seas 7-night Western Caribbean Cruise Compass - January 20, 2019
- Explorer of the Seas 9-Night Sydney South Pacific Cruise Compass - January 15, 2019
- Empress of the Seas 7-night Cuba Cruise Compass - January 6, 2019
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Disney Cruise Line Blog shared a review of the Westgate Cocoa Beach Resort.
New York Times shared how cruise lines are using technology to add a personal touch.
Miami Herald wrote about new clean fuel regulations for cruise ships, including how Symphony of the Seas complies with the law.
Eat Sleep Cruise reviewed a balcony stateroom on Mariner of the Seas.
Mirror wrote about Royal Caribbean's plans to open private islands around the world.
Tom Loves Cruising shared a review of Independence of the Seas.
Departure Lounge shared cruising tips from a Royal Caribbean expert.