Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: May 13, 2018
Happy Mothers Day! All the moms out there deserve a big hug, thank you and hopefully a cruise too.
Speaking of moms, Royal Caribbean went the extra step this week by announcing the first ever Godfamily of a cruise ship when it chose Carlos and Alexa PenaVega's family to be the Godfamily of Symphony of the Seas.
Royal Caribbean says they picked this family because they have celebrated a number of family firsts on Royal Caribbean’s Oasis Class ships, as well as personify the spirit of the new ship, redefining the way families stay and play.
The family will have the honor of formally naming Symphony when she arrives to her permanent home in Miami in November.
Royal Caribbean News
- Independence of the Seas arrived in Southampton after a massive refurbishment.
- Royal Caribbean Icon Class ships will be classed by DNV GL.
- Two of Royal Caribbean's brass received prestigious awards recently.
- Before you buy a drink package, here are some questions to think about.
- Royal Caribbean's parent company announced a $1 billion stock buyback and declared a dividend.
- We spotted these new stateroom attendant magnets on some ships.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
In this episode, Beth joins Matt to talk about her recent wedding on Harmony of the Seas. Beth shares what the experience was like from start to finish, and offers tips and advice for others that might be considering getting hitched at sea.
New Royal Caribbean Cruise Compasses
One of the best ways to learn about what sort of events a cruise ship offers is to consult a past Royal Caribbean Cruise Compass. Here is a look at which Cruise Compasses we added this week.
- Adventure of the Seas 5-night Re-positioning Cruise Compass - May 5, 2018
- Radiance of the Seas 7-night Alaska northbound Cruise Compass - July 14, 2017
- Freedom of the Seas 6-night Western Caribbean Cruise Compass - April 22, 2018
- Allure of the Seas 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Compass - February 25, 2018
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Royal Caribbean released season two of its YouTube series, The Local.
Skift took a look at how cruise lines innovate even when building the same type of ship.
Cruise & Ferry highlighted a Royal Caribbean bartender that reached the top 16 in the Bacardi Cocktail Competition 2018.
Cruise Critic reviewed the new shore excursions Royal Caribbean offers in Elizabeth, New Jersey.