Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: October 4, 2015
It was another week full of exciting Royal Caribbean news including something for those with special needs, itinerary changes because of a hurricane, a new website update and more!
We have a lot to share, so let’s jump right in…
The big news this week was Royal Caribbean will start offering the Autism Channel on most of its cruise ships very soon to meet the needs of its special needs cruisers.
The Autism Channel is a streaming television service providing information and resources to families and professionals supporting and improving the lives of people with autism spectrum disorders.
The new on-demand programming will begin in late October 2015 on Quantum, Oasis, Freedom, Voyager and Radiance class ships.
There will be over 35 different episodes available, ranging from 4-30 minutes in length. Some episodes are about an hour as well.
Royal Caribbean News
- Hurricane Joaquin forced Royal Caribbean to chang the itineraries of Enchantment of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas.
- Royal Caribbean updated the look and feel of its website's cruise book section.
- Royal Caribbean was named Best Cruise Operator for the 8th year in a row.
- Explorer of the Seas is on her way to Australia.
- Everything about the FlowRider on Royal Caribbean ships.
- A look at how Royal Caribbean and Heinken created a new recyclable beer keg.
- 12 photos of breaktaking views from the bridges of Royal Caribbean ships.
- Mariner of the Seas will host Asia's first cosplay cruise.
- Junior Sute photo tour on Independence of the Seas.
- The recipe for one of our favorites: the Lava Flow cocktail.
Let's cruise together on Allure of the Seas
I want you to join me on Allure of the Seas!
The Royal Caribbean Blog staff are going on Allure of the Seas and we are inviting all of our blog readers to join us!
We will be sailing on Allure of the Seas on February 21, 2016 and there are some fabulous rates available. Interior staterooms start at only $850 per person (double occupancy)!
Royal Caribbean Blog Reader Finds
Ryan Fritsch sent us this great photo of Jewel of the Seas with the Golden Gate bridge behind her.
Paul Crow shared a photo of waiting for the ice show to begin on Independence of the Seas.
Nikki Nothstein just returned from a cruise Liberty of the Seas and she says,"already wishing I was back on the deck in the Solarium enjoying the sunshine."
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
In this episode, Matt taks to Susan all about her experience doing a back-to-back cruise on Independence of the Seas, with a look at her staterooms, onboard activities she enjoyed and how her high school reunion at sea went.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Royal Caribbean shared the 10 most stylish items to take on vacation.
Travel Weekly reports on Royal Caribbean's goal of eliminating last-minute cruise deals.
Eat Sleep Cruise has a virtual bar crawl around Adventure of the Seas!
Cruise Hangout shared reviewed their first Royal Caribbean cruise.