Is this a new tactic?

mworkman

When my travel agent has given me a free spa session or free specialty dining I've received calls while on board reminding me that I have it.  

Good thing too, I forgot once which cruise had it and while on Serenade they called to remind me around mid-cruise I hadn't used it yet.  I had totally forgotten I had it.  

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Who's calling exactly?

The only coupons I've ever seen for specialty dining were at Johnny Rockets, where sometimes they'd give out coupons onboard for a milkshake or some other offer.

Specialty Restaurants are calling our room on Oasis offering us a coupon to dine at their Restaurants.

50 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Specialty Restaurants are calling our room on Oasis offering us a coupon to dine at their Restaurants.

I don't think that's unusual.  We've had them call us with offers of discounts before.  I think it depends on how booked up their specialty restaurants are on any given cruise.  If the restaurants are booked and relatively full, the discounts aren't pushed.  If there are lots of open tables they will try and fill them by offering discounts.

I thought you were getting calls at home...which would be something I had not experienced before.