Starbucks at sea

Bakerette

1) I have been on Enchantment twice and this will be my first time sailing on an Oasis-class ship. I will be on Oasis Dec 2nd 2018 and I have looked at the deck plans and i have looked at deck plans for all of the Oasis class ships, and i had noticed on the deck plans for each of the Oasis-class ships that there is a Starbucks onboard each of the oasis class ships, and I would like to know if i could use my starbucks card at the onboard starbucks? 

I have read on a few different sites including the information that @Matt said on royalcaribbeanblog.com and have read conflicting answers to this question so I would like some clairity on this question

2) Does the starbucks onboard the oasis class ships have the same coffee choices onboard as on land?

I am enrolled in the starbucks star rewards program and i would like to know if i am able to use my starbucks card onboard the ship if i can also redeem any free rewards that i have earned?

I would also like clarity for the 2nd question.

i have a Starbucks giftcard that I plan on using on the ship if I can and I also have the Starbucks app downloaded on my iPhone which I also would use on the ship and will have informed my provider of my travels and would like to sometimes use my Starbucks app/Starbucks giftcard to purchase coffee/tea drinks at the Starbucks kiosk onboard the ship and was wondering if I can use my Starbucks giftcard or Starbucks app onboard.

i would like any kind of information that you can provided on any of this post but especially if I can use my Starbucks giftcard or Starbucks app to pay for tea/coffee drinks at the Starbucks kiosk onboard.

29 minutes ago, Jess said:

1) I have been on Enchantment twice and this will be my first time sailing on an Oasis-class ship. I will be on Oasis Dec 2nd 2018 and I have looked at the deck plans and i have looked at deck plans for all of the Oasis class ships, and i had noticed on the deck plans for each of the Oasis-class ships that there is a Starbucks onboard each of the oasis class ships, and I would like to know if i could use my starbucks card at the onboard starbucks? 

I have read on a few different sites including the information that @Matt said on royalcaribbeanblog.com and have read conflicting answers to this question so I would like some clairity on this question

2) Does the starbucks onboard the oasis class ships have the same coffee choices onboard as on land?

I am enrolled in the starbucks star rewards program and i would like to know if i am able to use my starbucks card onboard the ship if i can also redeem any free rewards that i have earned?

I would also like clarity for the 2nd question.

i have a Starbucks giftcard that I plan on using on the ship if I can and I also have the Starbucks app downloaded on my iPhone which I also would use on the ship and will have informed my provider of my travels and would like to sometimes use my Starbucks app/Starbucks giftcard to purchase coffee/tea drinks at the Starbucks kiosk onboard the ship and was wondering if I can use my Starbucks giftcard or Starbucks app onboard.

i would like any kind of information that you can provided on any of this post but especially if I can use my Starbucks giftcard or Starbucks app to pay for tea/coffee drinks at the Starbucks kiosk onboard.

On 9/29/2018 at 6:17 AM, Jess said:

I would like to know if i could use my starbucks card at the onboard starbucks? 

You can use your Starbucks card to pay for drinks, but you cannot use your Starbucks card to redeem rewards.

Pretty much, yes. As an example, last month when the PSL came back, they had it on the same day on Allure.

am enrolled in the starbucks star rewards program and i would like to know if i am able to use my starbucks card onboard the ship if i can also redeem any free rewards that i have earned?

Nope. You can earn stars, pay for drinks with the cash in your account, but not redeem free rewards.

19 hours ago, Matt said:

You can use your Starbucks card to pay for drinks, but you cannot use your Starbucks card to redeem rewards.

Nope. You can earn stars, pay for drinks with the cash in your account, but not redeem free rewards.

If I can use my Starbucks card to pay for drinks  and earn stars why can’t I redeem rewards?

3 hours ago, Jess said:

If I can use my Starbucks card to pay for drinks  and earn stars why can’t I redeem rewards?

I've run into this in some land-based Starbucks locations as well. My understanding is that it's because while it has the SBUX logo and full menu, that location is not actually a "true" Starbucks but rather something like a franchise location under independent ownership from the main company or the like. As such, they can accept the reward cards for purchases and give you the stars for the purchases, but they can't do reward redemptions because they're literally not set up to process them.

4 hours ago, Jess said:

Because it's just a licensed kiosk, not a real store.

From the Starbucks website: Company-operated stores are able to honor the Rewards, but some kiosk locations (often those inside another facility like grocery stores) cannot. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Because it's just a licensed kiosk, not a real store.

From the Starbucks website: Company-operated stores are able to honor the Rewards, but some kiosk locations (often those inside another facility like grocery stores) cannot. 

When I go to a grocery store that has a Starbucks I am able to not only earn stars but also redeem rewards.

7 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I've run into this in some land-based Starbucks locations as well. My understanding is that it's because while it has the SBUX logo and full menu, that location is not actually a "true" Starbucks but rather something like a franchise location under independent ownership from the main company or the like. As such, they can accept the reward cards for purchases and give you the stars for the purchases, but they can't do reward redemptions because they're literally not set up to process them.

I’m confused, what does that mean?

Just now, Jess said:

I’m confused, what does that mean?

Some Starbucks locations are just an independently-run kiosk, not owned by Starbucks the company but instead owned and run by some other person/group. They have the same logo, have the same menu, use the same payment scanners and work with the app -- but don't use whatever system Starbucks proper has in place for reward redemptions (which I would guess ties into the main company's data systems or payment systems so that the store can be correctly reimbursed or whatever is needed when a reward redemption takes place).

Like @Matt's reply noted from the company's website, this is only an issue for some kiosk locations. So your grocery store that you cited is set up to work with rewards, but the kiosks I've visited on a highway rest stop or airport are not. And apparently, neither are the ones on Royal's ships.