FlowBro Ty

? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

2 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

I wonder why Oasis is in Ft Lauderdale?

Coast Guard inspection and the employee shakedown/dry run cruise is leaving from there on Thursday.

Plus Terminal A in Miami is being used on Friday (Navigator) and Saturday (Symphony) so Oasis can't just sit there until then.

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Coast Guard inspection and the employee shakedown/dry run cruise is leaving from there on Thursday.

Plus Terminal A in Miami is being used on Friday (Navigator) and Saturday (Symphony) so Oasis can't just sit there until then.

They’ll be passengers on the “dry run” cruise?  

Miami is tidal.  Oasis class can only arrive or depart nearer high tide during certain periods of extreme tidal swings (super or king tides).  That can make scheduling challenges.  Port Everglades is not tidal to the extent it impacts ship movements.  It's an easier port for Oasis class to operate from.  They can come and go whenever.  

For a few days of non-standard operations where the guest terminal experience doesn't matter Port Everglades is a logical choice.  

Somewhat off topic. Parking at Terminal A. Lots of questions.  Is it worth it? Convenient? Easy to drop off luggage, park, then rejoin your party in line or in terminal? What about on return day?  Take luggage to car or get car and pick up everyone/thing curbside? We usually park off-site. Just wanting to know others opinions. Thanks.

23 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

Somewhat off topic. Parking at Terminal A. Lots of questions.  Is it worth it? Convenient? Easy to drop off luggage, park, then rejoin your party in line or in terminal? What about on return day?  Take luggage to car or get car and pick up everyone/thing curbside? We usually park off-site. Just wanting to know others opinions. Thanks.

Leave everyone in the car and park in the garage.  They have porters by the elevators when you drive into and you stop and unload your luggage in the parking garage before parking.  Really easy.  

On return day however it is a mess.  Line for the elevator to the garage with everyone and their luggage.  It's almost easier for one to run and retrieve the car and return to do the pickup of luggage and passengers, but the people directing traffic in there try to push you towards the end of the pickup area where it's very congested with all of the other pickups, taxis, rideshares, etc.  If you can get away with leaving the ship as late as possible and taking your sweet time exiting the crowds may have dissipated a bit.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Take pics!

UGH.  You know how bad I am at this...but I will make a special effort.  I might EVEN try a live blog.

I just hate lugging a camera around - even a cell phone.  But this is going to be a special cruise.  I will do it for YOU, Sabrina !

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

UGH.  You know how bad I am at this...but I will make a special effort.  I might EVEN try a live blog.

I just hate lugging a camera around - even a cell phone.  But this is going to be a special cruise.  I will do it for YOU, Sabrina !

Ok then, find @twangster Bot and get him to take pics of your room. 😜 and see if you can sneak twangbot into an ATS as well. I have that for March. Lol

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm hoping the TV's have WiFi access points built into them and you can stream to the TV's from your devices.  That was a concept they mentioned a while ago but never said anymore about.  WiFi in the TV would solve a lot of poor WiFi coverage issues.  

Can you stream to TVs on other ships?  That would be cool.