Jump to content
FlowBro Ty

? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Can you imagine the poor Genie who has 1 of these rooms and one of the ATS suites too ?  They will walk 100 miles a day !

Well, in another group, I had mentioned that now there will be 13 star class suites on Oasis and likely Allure. That means that each genie will have to take 4 cabins and one will have to take 5.  Hopefully they add another genie or I am not sure how that might affect the experience. 

I took those screenshots from my March 15 sailing. Another person also noted that they were showing as available on her April 2020 sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just checked and they are now showing up for my 11-1 sailing as well.  They must have added them in the last couple of hours. They were not there earlier this afternoon.

I cannot find a “tour” of these rooms or even a full description of the sizes or room amenities.  Not sure I would want to be that isolated from the rest of the suite amenities (CK/SL). They seem a bit pricey but then again, they are new so I’m sure they’ll be pricey for a while until people realize how far away they are from everything. This also happened with the ATS which were very popular until people realized they were a brazilian miles from anywhere.  Then those prices came down. They are now usually the least expensive SC on the O class.  My guess is that the same will happen with the UP as well.  I just realized that there are only 2 of them. I thought all of the new rooms on the front were UP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So I just checked and they are now showing up for my 11-1 sailing as well.  They must have added them in the last couple of hours. They were not there earlier this afternoon.

I cannot find a “tour” of these rooms or even a full description of the sizes or room amenities.  Not sure I would want to be that isolated from the rest of the suite amenities (CK/SL). They seem a bit pricey but then again, they are new so I’m sure they’ll be pricey for a while until people realize how far away they are from everything. This also happened with the ATS which were very popular until people realized they were a brazilian miles from anywhere.  Then those prices came down. They are now usually the least expensive SC on the O class.  My guess is that the same will happen with the UP as well.  I just realized that there are only 2 of them. I thought all of the new rooms on the front were UP.

From @CGTLH

A94F2A5B-F7BB-4138-BADC-70EBBEBB5852.thumb.jpeg.8b96bd2fece5bf7cc9e1ec7763ffe21e.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Is this in any way lower-priced relative to the Star Class suites that have a balcony?? I don't care if it gets you the genie and all other Star Class perks, that's an insane amount of money to pay for a cabin that's one floor and lacks a balcony, especially if the point of those suites is to spend most of your time in them. If I'm staying in the suite all the time, then I darned well want a balcony to enjoy breakfast on, watch the sunrise / sunset from, and use for reading or otherwise relaxing in the fresh air and sunshine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Is this in any way lower-priced relative to the Star Class suites that have a balcony?? I don't care if it gets you the genie and all other Star Class perks, that's an insane amount of money to pay for a cabin that's one floor and lacks a balcony, especially if the point of those suites is to spend most of your time in them. If I'm staying in the suite all the time, then I darned well want a balcony to enjoy breakfast on, watch the sunrise / sunset from, and use for reading or otherwise relaxing in the fresh air and sunshine.

Actually, quite the opposite. It seems to be priced closer to the suites on Deck 17 (Star Loft, and Grand Panoramic).  The ATS are seem to be lower in price at the moment.  I am having a hard time wrapping my head around that price as well seeing that there is no balcony, and only one full bath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

 I read on CC that they may be getting RFID stateroom door access.  I find it difficult to believe that they are replacing every cabin door and integrating the technology needed but I have no way to prove or disprove this until I step onto the ship in 33 days.

Check out photo 50:  https://www.diariodecadiz.es/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Impresionantes-imagenes-transformacion-astillero-Oasis_3_1405089485.html#slide-50

I don't see where you would "insert" a card on those door handles..so maybe the rumor IS true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only is there no balcony, but there is no dining table at all and there is absolutely no view from the sitting/living room area.  Combine this with the fact that is hell and gone from any of the other suite amenities and I say the price is going to come down on these SOON !

Maybe that little penninsula-thing in the living room is supposed to be some kind of dining space but I only see 1 chair !  Is that a second closet bathroom right at the front door ? The final straw - no bidet !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Not only is there no balcony, but there is no dining table at all and there is absolutely no view from the sitting/living room area.  Combine this with the fact that is hell and gone from any of the other suite amenities and I say the price is going to come down on these SOON !

Maybe that little penninsula-thing in the living room is supposed to be some kind of dining space but I only see 1 chair !  Is that a second closet bathroom right at the front door ? The final straw - no bidet !

Yes..looks like there's a half bath there.  While I think this room would be amazing for a cold weather cruise, it's not really a cold weather ship.  But just imagine laying in bed in Alaska in that room and staring out the windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

While I think this room would be amazing for a cold weather cruise, it's not really a cold weather ship.  But just imagine laying in bed in Alaska in that room and staring out the windows.

That's kind of what I was thinking, that a room like this makes a ton more sense on a Q class ship that does cold weather itineraries. On an O class it just doesn't make any real sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Check out photo 50:  https://www.diariodecadiz.es/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Impresionantes-imagenes-transformacion-astillero-Oasis_3_1405089485.html#slide-50

I don't see where you would "insert" a card on those door handles..so maybe the rumor IS true!

I think this photo confirms that they have upgraded the door locks to RFID 

 

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/2019/10/29/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Obras-buque-Oasis-of-the_1405069905_111901745_1011x569.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

I think this photo confirms that they have upgraded the door locks to RFID 

 

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/2019/10/29/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Obras-buque-Oasis-of-the_1405069905_111901745_1011x569.jpg

Hopefully this means the WOW bands will be able to be used.  Also, has anyone heard is the BBQ place going to be free, or is there an additional charge for that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as the doors go, I highly doubt they would have to replace the whole door just to install a different type of lock activation mechanism. It is already electronic. The only difference is the method of activation of the lock. The only difference would be inserting a card vs holding an rfid chip close enough to it to activate it. Tons of hotels have retrofitted this kind of system onto existing doors. Also, I don't see any other reason for that picture than to show the new mechanism. And the cabins in the picture are VERY close to the one we booked on deck 11. I asked about this months ago on this forum and even had my TA check on it with RC but no clear answer. I hope this will mean we also can get the WOW bands if in fact this is what it appears to be! VERY exciting!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Hopefully this means the WOW bands will be able to be used.  Also, has anyone heard is the BBQ place going to be free, or is there an additional charge for that? 

please please please please please please please have the WOW bands.  Used similar tech when we stayed at Disney and it just made everything they were able to be used for so much easier.  That's what I want on vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 8:43 AM, twangster said:

From the drone video above it appears Oasis will retain a public deck above those new suites in from of the Solarium.

 IMG_0414.jpg.664c3a55466f052014907feec678a6ba.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg.448f42a0e58dc94169866da44116f182.jpg

I've been wondering how this new area would end up.  

This completely destroys the view from the Solarium....   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, VinceC said:

This completely destroys the view from the Solarium....   

Can't please everyone. 

People on Harmony and Symphony complain those ships lack the broad forward outer decks that Oasis and Allure have in front of the Solarium.  At sail away those two little bridge wings on Harmony and Symphony are packed.  

This retains the forward outer decks that span the width of the ship which I prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Do you always get all of these benefits with a STAR CLASS CABIN?

That a value of Drink and Internet $500-600, Dining on sale $200, Gratuities $100, that is about $700-800 value without the additional extras.

What is ROYAL REPLENISH PACKAGE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

please please please please please please please have the WOW bands.  Used similar tech when we stayed at Disney and it just made everything they were able to be used for so much easier.  That's what I want on vacation.

agree 100%...we are big disney fans and have been saying for years that they need something similar to the disney magic band system on cruises. fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VinceC said:

Do you always get all of these benefits with a STAR CLASS CABIN?

That a value of Drink and Internet $500-600, Dining on sale $200, Gratuities $100, that is about $700-800 value without the additional extras.

What is ROYAL REPLENISH PACKAGE?

Yes.  Replenish is the Refreshment package.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yes.  Replenish is the Refreshment package.  

Did they recently change the name?  Did I miss something?  Wasn't it called the Refreshment Package?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...