New Boarding Day Quick Guide

RBRSKI

I have never been in the printing business, but I would think this new design would cost more money to print!  And with all the developments with the app, one would think they would move away from things like this.  I will say some people like hard copies but maybe have it available at guest reception not in every stateroom.  Just my thoughts!

The 'boarding day' cruise compass single sheet handed out in the terminal had to be printed for that day/month/etc - it was specific.  

The new quick guides are generic and can be printed in bulk ahead of time, lasts for years.  Likely cheaper to print in volume wherever and one less last minute thing they have prepare and distribute on that day.  

Some people are not app or smartphone people.  My parents have an older smaller phone.  They would never accept having only an app.  They like that ship deck layout in their hands.

10 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I am assuming they will still have the full first day compass once you get aboard right?....if so, then this is ok and makes sense just to get people on board the ship with some basic generic information.

Yes, compasses to all days are still available like usual.  We saw these quick guides at the check in counter at the terminal and at the counter at Guest Services.