Curious. We have a very port intensive cruise coming in July 2019 Alaska Southbound. The fact that we will not be on boat as much as a Caribbean cruise and the fact that we are staying in a Grand Suite are the two main reasons we have not purchased a drink package.  I understand that i the concierge lounge there will be an "open bar", as it were, from 4:30 ish to 8:30 ish pm. Outside of those times, will we be able to go the lounge and pickup non-alcoholic beverages? Will there be snacks offered throughout the day (drop-in between excursions)? 

I haven't been on Radiance yet but that will change in 49 days when I do an Alaskan Southbound on her.  I'll have access to the CL (Concierge Lounge) so I can provide better feedback assuming it remains the same year to year after my cruise.  I'll probably live blog here so stay tuned.

Typically the CL will have some light snacks at times of the day but limited beverages compared to 'happy hour' (4:30 to 8pm).  Depending on timing the Windjammer might be a better venue to snack between excursions. That's what I did on Explorer a few weeks ago.

The CL on Explorer (which was just down the hall for me) didn't have a lot going on during the day.  Some cookies, cheese and crackers at times, continental breakfast fare in the morning but it was pretty empty during the day.

Room service may be an option to think about but it can take 30 minutes or so for delivery.  If I'm not mistaken, the room service fee is waived for GS on Radiance.

The CL will have continental breakfast, usually with smoked salmon and such, with juices, etc. in the mornings.

There will be the coffee machine there for expresso, etc. 24 hours a day.

In the evenings there are hot and cold hors d'oeuvres as well as alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks during the happy hour.

Have seen snacks such as cookies left out from time to time during the day.

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

During evening happy hour make sure to ask for bottled water that you can use to stock up in your cabin.  Then you can take those with you on excursions and such.  

5 hours ago, L454S said:

The CL will have continental breakfast, usually with smoked salmon and such, with juices, etc. in the mornings.

There will be the coffee machine there for expresso, etc. 24 hours a day.

In the evenings there are hot and cold hors d'oeuvres as well as alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks during the happy hour.

Have seen snacks such as cookies left out from time to time during the day.

@twangster @L454S Any idea if we can grab water and sodas from the CL outside of the happy hour? 

4 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

@twangster @L454S Any idea if we can grab water and sodas from the CL outside of the happy hour? 

Typically, no.  However each ship can vary slightly. 

During evening drink hours I'll often ask for a drink such as a glass of wine and a bottle of water.  The water I'll take back to my cabin.  Sometimes I ask for two bottles of water.  Doing so before dinner then after dinner each evening and it doesn't take long to stock your cabin with a number of water bottles.

5 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Any idea if we can grab water and sodas from the CL outside of the happy hour? 

Nope.

Other than the self-serve espresso machine, you wont have any other option outside of breakfast or happy hour.