Waiting Lists For Cabins

If a cruise you are interested in has no room types available that you are looking for is their a wait list that  you can get on?   What are your chances of that happening?   Should you get on multiple lists?  i.e. : Balcony,  Suites,  etc.     Thanks

Not that I am aware of.  Depending how far out the cruise is, stuff opens up as people cancel and makes changes.

Also, check with a travel agent.  Sometimes inventory is assigned to agencies and not bookable on the Royal website. 

Many months before final payment due date the cabin I secured on the upcoming Royal Caribbean Blog Alaska Group Cruise wasn't available on Royal's website but I had no issues booking it through MEI Travel.  I am often surprised how inventory varies between TAs and Royal direct. 

My travel agent mentioned that she gets notified as would I at the same time.  She said that travel agents get shall we say preferential treatment when dealing with companies as opposed to the common traveler.  We will give it a try.  She did state that like the previous posts stated that their are openings.  You just have to be patient and hopeful.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Not that I am aware of.  Depending how far out the cruise is, stuff opens up as people cancel and makes changes.

Also, check with a travel agent.  Sometimes inventory is assigned to agencies and not bookable on the Royal website. 

Many months before final payment due date the cabin I secured on the upcoming Royal Caribbean Blog Alaska Group Cruise wasn't available on Royal's website but I had no issues booking it through MEI Travel.  I am often surprised how inventory varies between TAs and Royal direct. 

We are starting to find that out as well.  As of today actually when I was just at the their office  this afternoon.  Another of those shall we say non discussed facts.  Travel agents have a lot more clout than I previously ever thought or imagined.  I will be adding our travel agent to our Xmas card and gift list this year.  Like the old adage goes : the squeaky wheel gets the grease.   

11 hours ago, Wilson said:

Request to be on a waitlist, but check frequently yourself. I discovered available cabins, booked it and never heard from Royal even though there were multiple cabins that opened up.

Not in the least bit surprised. Thank you for the advice.