Show reservations needed for Voyager class?

Pardon the "newbie" question lol...it's been a really long time since I've sailed Voyager class and I just logged into my cruise planner today to make MTD reservations and noticed that there I no show reservations.  This is for August 2018.  I vaguely remember reading from @twangster's blog that reservations are not needed for shows?  But do you have to get tickets?  Or do you just show up a bit early to get seats?

We were on Navigator in 2016. No tickets needed for theatre shows. Ice shows were allocated based on Muster station ie it was this muster station's 'turn' to tho to a particular showing and again you just showed up. If you wanted to go to a different showing, you had to turn up and see if there were any spare seats about 10mins before the show

Entertainment reservations are used on Oasis and Quantum class only.  On the mega ships the guests count far exceeds the capacity of the venues by a significant factor so reservations are used to manage the crowds. 

On all other classes this isn't an issue so it's first come, first seated. 

On Indy they did hand out tickets for the ice shows but that is the only non-OA/QU class use of tickets/reservations I've seen. 

On Adventure May 11 sailing no reservations or tickets for any shows. Theater shows still had decent seats getting there 15-20 minutes early, BUT make sure to get to the ice show at least a half an hour before door opening. Doors usually open ½ hour before show time. There's an hour you'll never get back, but the ice show is actually worth it. Enjoy!

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Pardon the "newbie" question lol...it's been a really long time since I've sailed Voyager class and I just logged into my cruise planner today to make MTD reservations and noticed that there I no show reservations.  This is for August 2018.  I vaguely remember reading from @twangster's blog that reservations are not needed for shows?  But do you have to get tickets?  Or do you just show up a bit early to get seats?

Can't wait for your live blog.

8 hours ago, Skid said:

BUT make sure to get to the ice show at least a half an hour before door opening. Doors usually open ½ hour before show time. There's an hour you'll never get back, but the ice show is actually worth it. Enjoy!

Great tip! That's actually the show that the kids are looking forward to the most. They are trying to wrap their heads around the fact they they can skate on board lol.

3 hours ago, Sweety said:

Can't wait for your live blog.

Uh oh....pressure lol....

I will try to find out everything I can for whoever wants to know but I will be leaving the awesome photos for @twangster since I have no business being around a camera. Unless @twangster wants to go too...the combo live blog offer still stands ?

10 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Great tip! That's actually the show that the kids are looking forward to the most. They are trying to wrap their heads around the fact they they can skate on board lol.

Uh oh....pressure lol....

I will try to find out everything I can for whoever wants to know but I will be leaving the awesome photos for @twangster since I have no business being around a camera. Unless @twangster wants to go too...the combo live blog offer still stands ?

I vote Yes.