Harmony deck 12 or 7?

Kona

I think I decided on the cruise and ship. Pretty much ready to book...so excited.  The only decision is between two cabins on Harmony.  First is 12580, but I read a review about another 12th deck cabin and they could hear chairs being dragged on deck even though it is two floors up.  The second cabin 7206 which look like it has a bit bigger balcony which is nice. What concerns me is that on the deck plan for the 7th deck shows a big blank section in front of the room. Not sure what is there. This will be our 1st cruise in 30 years so want to get it right.  Which one would you choose.

Blank sections usually represent crew areas. I personally stay away from those cabins because sometimes you can hear the attendants pretty early in the morning getting their supplies etc. At night there is a live band that sometimes plays on deck 6 just below where 7206 is so not sure if you would get noise from that?  

I love Deck 11 or 12. Every Oasis class ship I have sailed we have stayed on either 11 or 12. It is an easy walk down to the main areas and an easy walk up to the Windjammer because elevators get crowded. I have never heard deck chairs being shuffled from Deck 12.  You still have Deck 14 as a buffer between you and the pool deck.

3 hours ago, whenismynextcruise said:

@Kona  I have read so much great feedback that I was also looking at a Harmony sailing and was going to ask pretty much the same question!!

Thanks @Lovetocruise2002 for the clear answer!

Harmony is my favourite ship to date! Can't go wrong with her. Book it! ?

few weeks back i booked a 2020 trip on Harmony for my wife and I.   Heard a lot of great things about floor 8 and the easy access out to Central Park and all that it has to offer.     Read so many great things i booked an exterior balcony for our first Oasis class cruise.     you might give deck 8 balconies a consideration if having quick access out to Central Park and the restaurants have any interest for you.   Best of luck!

Either floor is fine.  The bump out rooms have a bigger balcony with a slightly better view.  Harmony is the WAAATOOO to go for an excellent first cruise.  Now as far as rooms go 7206 across the hall is the upper  part of the promenade with the schooner bar below.  It is open late and can get very noisy.      Room 12580 is next to the elevators.    Elevator noise is never ending.  May want to do a little extra research and have deck plans handy so as to see where you can end up.  Don`t be shy and keep asking questions.  Welcome to the board and enjoy your cruise.

Recently we had an oceanview balcony on Allure on Deck 8 - forward bumpout.  Across the hallway is the [backside of the] Park Cafe so there were no rooms on the opposite side of the hallway.  The room was very nice and the large balcony was great...BUT...I will say that the walk to get out to the restaurants was rather tedious.  You either had to walk all the way forward and come back down Central Park or walk all the way to the aft elevators and walk forward in Central Park.  I found that the walk was not worth the little bit of extra space we got on the balcony.  I will probably NOT do one of the forward bumpout balconies again.  If you don't mind walking, it's great.

47 minutes ago, fonemanbob said:

Room 12580 is next to the elevators.    Elevator noise is never ending. 

You don't really get the elevator noise.  There is a separation between the elevators and the hallway to the staterooms.  It's not shown on the deck plans but it's there.

I found a pic (not Harmony) but still gets the point across.  The elevators would be to the left of this pic.  Staterooms are in the hallway behind the elevators.  If you were that stateroom right where you enter the hallway (which you are not), then you might get some noise but anything else beyond that is your typical hallway noise that you get in any hallway.

584572787_elevatorlanding.jpg.aacc10aa37acecf26348ee21307a0512.jpg