Royal does not adjust payment for price drop??

I was checking on our coming cruise. I saw that a stateroom in the same category that I have booked (same deck as well) was$700 cheaper just after one day i booked it. I always read that if prices drop you get a credit.I called them through my agent Costco few times But big surprise when they told me that they can not do anything... So how other people get those credits?? And what do you do if price drop but they won't do anything after full payment. Thank you for your advice.

Welcome to the Boards!  You are not specific about being in final payment? Did you book the cruise last minute and paid in full? if you are within the final payment timeframe, they will NOt reduce the price, only prior to final payment.  More details may help get you the answer.  

I agree we need more details. I can tell you that every time I have called for an adjustment recently with our current booking, once they take my reservation number, they immediately confirm that I have selected the fully refundable deposit option.

I’m not sure if that’s even a factor in preventing the adjustment... which deposit option did you select? Non-refundable or fully refundable?

There's something fishy going on here ..... As others have said, we need more details ..... Are we passed final payment?  Is there an issue at the Costco end?  Was there a glitch in the website AGAIN?  Just don't know.... the deposit though, shouldn't be a factor......

Assuming you are not past final payment date and are a resident of a country like USA, Canada or Australia, you should be able to reprice it.  

Perhaps there's some semantics at play, since when you reprice you're really cancelling and rebooking.  Is the new price you're seeing on RC's site? Or on Costco's site? Just wondering if it's a Costco booking special or a price drop for all.

Also, you mentioned you used Costco, which has a history of not-so-great customer service (this is what I've heard, as I have never actually used them) with cruise bookings.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, First time RC said:

Thank you all for your reply. I booked from Costco. When I call Costco agent they call RC agent and try to help me but Royal Caribbean not ready to adjust the price difference. I am not happy with their response.

Answer these questions....

1. Do you live in USA, Canada or Australia?
  2. What is your sail date?
  3. Are you trying to take advantage of a price drop on the ship and sail date you are currently booked on? Or a different ship and/or sail date?

AHA !  The answer is in #2, sail date !

Since you are past final payment date (and only days away from your sail date), your penalty for rebooking (which is essentially what you would be doing) is 100%.  Therefore, it would cost you the entire price of your cruise to cancel and rebook.  Even $700 cruise fare reduction would not be cost effective for you at this point.

They should have explained this to you but this is the reason it is not possible now.

18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

AHA !  The answer is in #2, sail date !

Since you are past final payment date (and only days away from your sail date), your penalty for rebooking (which is essentially what you would be doing) is 100%.  Therefore, it would cost you the entire price of your cruise to cancel and rebook.  Even $700 cruise fare reduction would not be cost effective for you at this point.

They should have explained this to you but this is the reason it is not possible now.

Exactly ..... and since Costco is, in effect, the travel agent, the onus is on them to make sure you understand everything.  Shame on Costco for not giving you the full picture.... At least, that's the way I'm reading this.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Bingo! Raye is correct.  This isn't Costco's fault or RC.  The policy clearly states when final payment date is, and when you're within final payment date, you can no longer change the price of your cruise.