Bed Question

EltoroDiablo

22 minutes ago, EltoroDiablo said:

Gotcha. Thanks so much. Do you happen to know if there's a difference between that and the bed in a Junior Suite?

I believe it's the same in all the rooms.  The beds push together to make a royal king.  Every room that we've stayed in is like that. The only rooms I've heard (and cannot confirm because I have not stayed in one yet) about being different are the loft suites.  I read some reviews where people have said that those do not come apart but I have no idea if that is true or not.

All of the beds are the same, I believe.  The only beds that are not the standard "twins-turned-king" are in the high end suites.  I believe the beds in most Owner's Suites cannot be separated and I know for sure that the beds in the Star Class suites (master bedroom only) cannot be separated.

I agree with Arebee.  They seem more like a Queen size bed when they are pushed together than any king I've ever slept in.

Thanks everyone for the quick answers! It was just odd to see different answers depending on the size. The other question is, is it possible that the beds are shaped differently. One on phot and floorplan the bed seems to be more "rounded-off" on the foot-end corners, whereas in the Junior suite it looks more squared like standard beds. Just artistic license or is it an actual difference to lessen the footprint of the bed in a Balcony room?

30 minutes ago, EltoroDiablo said:

Thanks everyone for the quick answers! It was just odd to see different answers depending on the size. The other question is, is it possible that the beds are shaped differently. One on phot and floorplan the bed seems to be more "rounded-off" on the foot-end corners, whereas in the Junior suite it looks more squared like standard beds. Just artistic license or is it an actual difference to lessen the footprint of the bed in a Balcony room?

I can't be 100% sure but for some reason I (think) I remember having a bed with rounded corners once.  We only stay in interior, window or balcony but just can't say for sure.

2 hours ago, EltoroDiablo said:

@twangster just wrote about the shape of the bed in his Liberty live blog, If I remember what he said, the beds you see that have the rounded corners are the newer mattress, square corners would be on a ship that might not have been up dated yet, like Indy. Plus some of the pictures I looked at the photo was deciving, they kind of looked square but they are really rounded.

The Junior suite is only different, as far as I can tell, on the O and Q Class Ships, where the Junior suites are part of "Sea Class", so the brochure on it says " When the day’s adventures are done, you’ll want a good night’s sleep. Your suite’s luxury pillow top mattress offers the utmost comfort. " this goes along with upgraded bathroom amenities and Coastal Kitchen.