new years cruise, more drinking

jon46

Interesting question.  On any cruise, you will find certain areas to have people around consuming drinks.  The pool deck is usually a big spot for that.

I think on your NYE cruise if there is additional drinking going on, it would be on the evening of New Years.  Otherwise, should be "business as usual" if I had to guess.

To add to @Matt NYE is a busy time and will have more people on board so that can also be a factor. That being said you should be able to find a more quiet spot to relax. If you are wanting to take part in the main NYE activities I would believe there would be alcohol in the main area. I have not been on an NYE cruise but this is an observation from past cruises and from living in the Caribbean tourist area.

On 1/24/2018 at 4:24 PM, tiny260 said:

As @LetsTryThisTech says, if it gets to the point where the drinking is bothering you, or if you find the cravings to strong, there is always someplace quite on the ship that can be found to reflect and rebalance...

Congratulations on your sobriety jon46   - 5 years myself here. I have cruised NYE a few times and I have found it to be not really any different than any other time of the year.

If you are in the program and feel the need for a meeting look in the cruise planner for Friends of Bill W.  

Have a great trip!