Jump to content
claireincanada

Liberty Dancing, Shows and Ping Pong for Kids?

Recommended Posts

Hi There!

So excited to be heading on Liberty of the Seas next week. I'm trying to find out about the shows that are currently happening on the ship. Does anyone know how to find out what we can expect on stage? Also a few random questions: my boys like ping pong. Should I pack our paddles and balls? Also, my  son loves to hip hop dance. Is there a venue that has a DJ and dancing for all ages?

Thanks so much and I really appreciate this helpful community!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't answer regarding the dancing.  For ping pong, I believe they have all of the equipment; if your boys like having their own equipment then bring them.  They won't take up that much space.

If you send an email to [email protected]rccl.com they will let you know what entertainment is currently booked for your sailing.  Be sure and include your sail date and ship in the email to them.  Just know, however, that they are notorious for swapping talent at the last minute. Aside from the recurring shows (We Will Rock You on LIB ?) the other entertainment is very fluid from cruise-to-cruise. No way to really be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Claire! Welcome to Royal Caribbean Blog.

Saturday Night Fever was the Broadway show when we were on her last year. The Fuel Club was an active place for teens in the evenings. Not sure the age of your kids, but the Flowrider and Tidal Wave were a huge hit for kids and adults alike. If they are younger, make sure to watch the Cruise Planner for opportunities to interact with the DreamWorks characters. These are not cheap imitation costumes, they are the real deal.

We played ping pong a couple times and there were always paddles available, but balls were not present towards the end of the cruise. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was Saturday Night Fever in March, plus various comedy headlines acts. If you aren't familiar with Saturday Night Fever, you should look up the story to make sure you are comfortable with the content if you bring your boys. While they gloss over certain parts, its not my favorite musical. There was another show called In the Air...an acrobatic show as well as an ice skating show which was during the day time both family friendly.

I don't remember if the DJ nights were 18+ or not. I do remember them starting pretty late at night (after 10 or 11).  Some of the late comedy (10 pm shows) were 18+.

Not sure the ages of your kids, but if teens go to the teen club the first night. They have a great meet up for the teens and from there the teens form groups to hang out with for the week.

You could try to find a Cruise Compass for Liberty to give you an idea but outside the main shows the other entertainment varies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2017 at 10:30 AM, claireincanada said:

. Does anyone know how to find out what we can expect on stage?

Read a past Cruise Compass.  Any Liberty compass within the last year will give you a good ball park expectation of the entertainment.  A lot of it does not change at all. 

You can find our Cruise Compass archive here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

On 12/16/2017 at 10:30 AM, claireincanada said:

my boys like ping pong. Should I pack our paddles and balls?

No, this should be provided for you.

On 12/16/2017 at 10:30 AM, claireincanada said:

Also, my  son loves to hip hop dance. Is there a venue that has a DJ and dancing for all ages?

There will be parties for that.  Again, refer to a past Cruise Compass and you can get a clear idea of what to expect: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2017 at 11:48 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I can't answer regarding the dancing.  For ping pong, I believe they have all of the equipment; if your boys like having their own equipment then bring them.  They won't take up that much space.

If you send an email to [email protected]rccl.com they will let you know what entertainment is currently booked for your sailing.  Be sure and include your sail date and ship in the email to them.  Just know, however, that they are notorious for swapping talent at the last minute. Aside from the recurring shows (We Will Rock You on LIB ?) the other entertainment is very fluid from cruise-to-cruise. No way to really be sure.

Thanks for the tips! I will send an email for the entertainment info. I appreciate your insight! Take care, Claire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2017 at 12:07 PM, Wilson said:

Hey Claire! Welcome to Royal Caribbean Blog.

Saturday Night Fever was the Broadway show when we were on her last year. The Fuel Club was an active place for teens in the evenings. Not sure the age of your kids, but the Flowrider and Tidal Wave were a huge hit for kids and adults alike. If they are younger, make sure to watch the Cruise Planner for opportunities to interact with the DreamWorks characters. These are not cheap imitation costumes, they are the real deal.

We played ping pong a couple times and there were always paddles available, but balls were not present towards the end of the cruise. 

 

Great tip! I will pack extra balls for the last half of the cruise. I suspect that there are lots of balls floating around in the ocean...I'll pull the extras out after the others have been lost at sea! Thanks very much! Claire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, melski94 said:

It was Saturday Night Fever in March, plus various comedy headlines acts. If you aren't familiar with Saturday Night Fever, you should look up the story to make sure you are comfortable with the content if you bring your boys. While they gloss over certain parts, its not my favorite musical. There was another show called In the Air...an acrobatic show as well as an ice skating show which was during the day time both family friendly.

I don't remember if the DJ nights were 18+ or not. I do remember them starting pretty late at night (after 10 or 11).  Some of the late comedy (10 pm shows) were 18+.

Not sure the ages of your kids, but if teens go to the teen club the first night. They have a great meet up for the teens and from there the teens form groups to hang out with for the week.

You could try to find a Cruise Compass for Liberty to give you an idea but outside the main shows the other entertainment varies.

Thanks Melski, I will make sure to plug the kids into the Teen club first day in. I look forward to the shows...My daughter loves musical theatre, so she'll be happy to hear these titles. Take care and Thank You! Claire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going in February on the LOTS. There is a broadway style show, probably still Saturday Night Fever. There is a cirque de soliel style show. There is an ice show. Do not miss any of these. All are wonderful. Didn't do any dancing or ping pong, so I don't know there. But there's plenty to do onboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...