Disembarkation Question

ABFrenchie

All of my prior cruises have been with Carnival and I was given numbered tags the night before disembarkation which identified the disembarkation group. Perhaps it was just Carnival, but my experience with the highest number groupings meant we didn't off the ship until 10:30am or so.  Does RC use a similar method? 

If so, does RC take into account flight times (info is in my cruise check-in profile) when assigning disembarkation groups? I'm nervous we will get a late group and have to rush to our flight, so I'm considering self-assist. I'd like to avoid self-assist if I can because I am notorious for overpacking! 

Flight is at noon and we are flying out of FLL on Thanksgiving weekend so I'm a bit paranoid. 

Thanks! 

RCCL uses the same method.  You can also carry off early (Carnival uses this also).  If you have a flight, I would check with guest services.  I've never flown to a cruise so I'm not sure but I know there are several here who have.  But I can not stress this enough, ALWAYS double check.  Mistakes are made, its only human.

A noon flight and on Thanksgiving weekend is somewhat risky.  As RB mentioned, check with guest services and ask for an early group or maybe bribe someone to change with you. :12_slight_smile:    Also check on getting either separate or small group transfer to FLL.  RCI transfers are ok except they wait until the bus is full before leaving for the airport.  If your short on time you might not want to wait that long. 

Also you might want to work on that over packing.  My wife gets upset with me for only taking 3 pairs of underwear and a couple of shirts.  I tell her "Pffft, I'm not going to see these people again".   :12_slight_smile:  

You'll have forms left in your stateroom mid-way through the cruise (very depressing to get them so early in the trip) and it will ask you what your plans are on disembarkation day.  You will put all your flight information on this form.  They will know you have an early flight.  It couldn't hurt to double check with guest services (but do not wait until the day before - lines will be long) to make sure they put you in one of the first groups. 

We just got back.  RCC did have early disembark for those with early flights.  If you are cutting it close, don't use the transfers.   Use a taxi or Uber.  At least at San  Juan Airport, they would not allow anyone touch the luggage until all luggage had been unloaded.  There was a truck with all the luggage that followed the bus to the airport.