What ship will replace Allure @ Port Everglades

2 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

Correct me if I'm wrong...But the Oasis class will be home ported (is that a word?) as follows, once Symphony arrives in American waters.

Oasis = Cape Canaveral

Harmony = Fort Lauderdale

Allure & Symphony = Miami

Correct. My statement is in reference to which ship will fill the void left by Allure on Sundays at Port Everglades. It seems as if I have that answer (Celebrity Edge). 

9 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Correct. My statement is in reference to which ship will fill the void left by Allure on Sundays at Port Everglades. It seems as if I have that answer (Celebrity Edge). 

I know.  Mine was more of a random thought after reading your question and Matt's reply.  It was definitely a good question, one I've been wondering in the back of my mind.  Even after reading about Edge going to FL it didn't click in my head that she'd be replacing Allure.

26 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

I know.  Mine was more of a random thought after reading your question and Matt's reply.  It was definitely a good question, one I've been wondering in the back of my mind.  Even after reading about Edge going to FLL it didn't click in my head that she'd be replacing Allure.

Yeah I’m surprised and disappointed. I was hoping for a more substantial ship to fill the spot. Lots of $$ spent to upgrade that terminal for only (1) Oasis Class ship to be berthed. 

6 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Interesting. So the vacant space from Allure is still open on Sunday.... I figured they would max that space out, it’s set up for serious business, the logistics of moving that many people on and off an Oasis class ship make that terminal very special. 

4 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Interesting. So the vacant space from Allure is still open on Sunday.... I figured they would max that space out, it’s set up for serious business, the logistics of moving that many people on and off an Oasis class ship make that terminal very special. 

Maybe it'll be used for random ships...until Oasis V arrives.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 8:14 PM, RestingBirds said:

Maybe it'll be used for random ships...until Oasis V arrives.

Beginning to look that way.  

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/277322/big-interview-michael-bayley-president-and-chief-executive-of-royal-caribbean-international

While this article is in the UK and centric on UK related topics, I noted this: 

Bayley says the development means Royal could homeport two ships in Miami, one in Fort Lauderdale and one in Port Canaveral – plus Anthem of the Seas in New York.

20 hours ago, twangster said:

Beginning to look that way.  

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/277322/big-interview-michael-bayley-president-and-chief-executive-of-royal-caribbean-international

While this article is in the UK and centric on UK related topics, I noted this: 

Bayley says the development means Royal could homeport two ships in Miami, one in Fort Lauderdale and one in Port Canaveral – plus Anthem of the Seas in New York.

Great article, thanks for sharing.  I can't wait for the reveal of the new adventure on Symphony...fun for all ages...hmmm