Grand Suite on Anthem of the Seas

Does anyone know from experience if the GS on Anthem can accomodate a rollaway bed? 

I tried to call RC but the agent seemed unsure and then said no (but I don't take anything the agents say for face value anymore).  I have read many posts on CC about other RC ships where people have put a rollaway into a GS.  I cannot find anything on Anthem though.  I know the GS on Anthem is laid out slightly differently so that is why I am wondering.

And if it is possible, where do they usually put the rollaway? Along the balcony door?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Here's a photo tour of the Grand Suite on Anthem: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/04/08/photo-tour-of-grand-suite-royal-caribbeans-anthem-of-the-seas

The best place for it would be in the living room, where the coffee table is.

Thanks Matt! I have read over that piece several times already in the past. What I am not sure about is if they will even allow a rollaway into that cabin? I noticed that if I go to RC website and search GS across the fleet some actually say "can accommodate a rollaway or crib" but the one for Anthem does not say anything one way or another.

16 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Thanks Matt! I have read over that piece several times already in the past. What I am not sure about is if they will even allow a rollaway into that cabin? I noticed that if I go to RC website and search GS across the fleet some actually say "can accommodate a rollaway or crib" but the one for Anthem does not say anything one way or another.

You're aware the couch opens up into a bed, right?

16 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Yes lol. But the girls hate to share a bed...

I'm lucky my two girls still do that.  

I'm not sure if there is a rule that prohibits a rollaway in that room or not. I'm sure you could find room for it somewhere, assuming they will provide it.

Just now, Matt said:

I'm lucky my two girls still do that.  

I'm not sure if there is a rule that prohibits a rollaway in that room or not. I'm sure you could find room for it somewhere, assuming they will provide it.

I emailed RC (the special needs dept.) and they confirmed that the GS cannot accommodate a roll away but then they said the suite attendant might be able to provide one?  

Good afternoon Sabrina,

Thank you for contacting the Access Department.

Please be advised that I have looked into the Grande Suites and they are also listed as not being able to accommodate a roll away.

Once onboard you can speak with your stateroom attendant and they may be able to accommodate your request.

Well that's pretty useless !  You cannot wait until you get to the ship to find out whether you will have adequate sleeping arrangements or not !

I'm surprised that they say a GS won't accommodate a rollaway bed.  I would think that there is plenty of room there (might block the balcony but it would just be during the night).

Wow.  Not sure where you go from here.

47 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Well that's pretty useless !  You cannot wait until you get to the ship to find out whether you will have adequate sleeping arrangements or not !

I'm surprised that they say a GS won't accommodate a rollaway bed.  I would think that there is plenty of room there (might block the balcony but it would just be during the night).

Wow.  Not sure where you go from here.

Thank goodness!  I thought I was the only one thinking that email made no sense!

Where do we go from here?  Well...I could just stay in the Family Junior suite that we have already which has the pullman and sofa bed and deal with no Sky Class.  I've already accepted the fact that hubby is not going to surprise us with the genie (although those suites are still available which I keep telling him).  Or I could keep an eye out on price drops for the OS or FS.  First world problems...I know...

Well, I say you keep going on the track you are on.  Bypass the roadblock that you have stumbled over and keep going.

Call the regular customer service number again and if you don't get an answer, ask to speak to a supervisor.  I still think that you will have plenty of room in a GS for a rollaway but you need to know for SURE that you can get one.  You cannot wait until you get onboard and then HOPE that your attendant will help you out.

:11_blush:

19 hours ago, CGTLH said:

I know for a fact they exist on Anthem. I was the lucky one to sleep on one for 9 days...

Did you lose Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock?

I slept on a roll away for 7 nights, in a motel in Utah, about 10 years ago.  It wasn't half bad...but then again I wasn't in an expensive suite where we all dream of sleeping on "normal" beds.

55 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

Did you lose Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock?

I slept on a roll away for 7 nights, in a motel in Utah, about 10 years ago.  It wasn't half bad...but then again I wasn't in an expensive suite where we all dream of sleeping on "normal" beds.

Nope, just the nice "little" brother. Will say that rollaway was evil. Shift the wrong way and either the foot or head side of it would collapse. Had no locks on it to keep it from easily folding up.