Will I get an obstructed view cabin?

• Matt changed the title to Will I get an obstructed view cabin?

There is no way to tell, but the odds are decent. Just depends on the demand for the unobstructed view rooms for your specific cruise and you will get one of the leftovers. I would plan on getting obstructed view and if your don’t….its a bonus. If an unobstructed view is important, pay the $$ and also get the peace of mind. 

2 hours ago, GigiT said:

What are the chances of getting an ocean view cabin with an obstructed view.  I want an ocean view cabin with an ocean view but don't want to pay the extra $ to pick my cabin.

Ocean view as in a cabin with a window vs versus a cabin with a balcony?

If it is cabin with a window, It will depend on the ship.   Some ships the only ocean views are at the front of the ship with nice views.  some they have some ocean view cabins on lower decks like 5 or 3 and often in these cases there is a promenade or walkway out side your cabin so while your not obstructed in the sense there is a large object in the way, you are obstructed in that there is a walkway and railing.          It should be noted that in my experience the ocean view category has the smallest number of cabins (except for some suite categories) and for some reason is always one of the last to sell out.    The times I have booked a ocean view guarantee have been the most likely times I have been upgraded or been offered the best deals to upgrade.     All that said the ocean view overlooking a promenade or walkway is still nicer to me than an inside and I never complain if I get that view.