Walking around in Vancouver, pretty safe?

Bowen

We're coming in to Vancouver with time to spare before we can board, so we're looking to spend 5-6 hours doing something around town. Is Vancouver pretty walkable as far as safety? We're two older ladies on our own. It would be daylight hours. We we're thinking of walking to Granville and some of the stuff out that way. Thanks!

I can't speak to specific areas (if you're walking the whole time) but I spent a day in Vancouver on the return from an Alaska cruise in 2016 and we didn't have any issues. Lot's of people out and about during the day.

Worth mentioning - there's a sky train that goes around parts of the city (including right near the cruise port), so you might want to look into that and see if you want to save some steps since you'll be walking around all day. I don't recall it being expensive per person, but that was also 7 years ago.

Also I would recommend taking a look at the Granville Island Market if you go that way (we got there via a bus tour) it's pretty neat and the food was decent. 🙂