Future Trips and a Thanksgiving Sailing

First of all, I am overly (properly) excited to be sailing again after having to take last year off after a job change and move across the country!  Right now it is hard for me to picture a vacation that doesn't include a cruise.  I love having this space and Matt's channel to be able to have an outlet for this excitement, so thank you.   Have two sailings this year, one early summer and then a Thanksgiving sailing on Freedom this year. (taking mom on a trip as a thank you for being awesome my whole life)

I was curious if Royal does anything special on Thanksgiving for dining.  Can't wait to watch some of the football games at Playmakers and poolside if they show it there.

2 hours ago, PhantomWolf said:

First of all, I am overly (properly) excited to be sailing again after having to take last year off after a job change and move across the country!  Right now it is hard for me to picture a vacation that doesn't include a cruise.  I love having this space and Matt's channel to be able to have an outlet for this excitement, so thank you.   Have two sailings this year, one early summer and then a Thanksgiving sailing on Freedom this year. (taking mom on a trip as a thank you for being awesome my whole life)

I was curious if Royal does anything special on Thanksgiving for dining.  Can't wait to watch some of the football games at Playmakers and poolside if they show it there.

We have done Thanksgiving cruises the last 15ish years and I can tell you that it’s the best time to sail! The food for Thanksgiving is not great at all but the overall vacation experience makes up for it. Freedom is amazing and the Playmakers is going to be a great spot to catch some games. Enjoy 

We were at PDCC for Thanksgiving on Anthem 2022 (also did Anthem 2018 and 2021 for Thanksgiving).  It was adorable - they had a crew member dressed as a turkey running around the pier and a chef chasing him.  Then that night the Captain pardoned the turkey and lit the Christmas tree.  It was a nice day.  I don't eat meat, so I can't comment on the Thanksgiving meal besides knowing there is turkey, but all of my family members eat meat and nobody has actively complained about it.

We are loving holidays at sea - we just did Christmas 2023 and this year we are doing NYE.  It's so nice to be away and not having to worry about seeing traveling to see family.  If they want to see us they can book the cruise!

54 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Agree with this 100%.  The horrible Thanksgiving meal we had on FR or Nav (can’t remember but I think it was Nav) is the reason that we quit going to the MDR for years !

Haha! Pretty much same here. We only go to the MDR the week of Thanksgiving with my entire extended family because it’s entertaining. I don’t think I’ve ever once had a decent meal. There’s so much food across the board of a cruise ship that dinner is not a big deal. 

A Gobbler bowl from Wawa is a better Thanksgiving meal than the one we had in the MDR on Jewel of the Seas November '22.  The Centrum was decorated and the 8 day itinerary to the ABC Islands was great.

Reality is, no theme park, cruise ship, hotel, resort or restaurant is gonna beat holidayhome cooking. But I'm grateful Jewel's culinary staff worked so hard so Mrs Geezer & I didn't have to......especially the cleanup and dishes part. 🤩

56 minutes ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

A Gobbler bowl from Wawa is a better Thanksgiving meal than the one we had in the MDR on Jewel of the Seas November '22.  The Centrum was decorated and the 8 day itinerary to the ABC Islands was great.

Reality is, no theme park, cruise ship, hotel, resort or restaurant is gonna beat holidayhome cooking. But I'm grateful Jewel's culinary staff worked so hard so Mrs Geezer & I didn't have to......especially the cleanup and dishes part. 🤩

This is true. With that being said, I don’t miss a home cooked meal for a second while enjoying the Caribbean all week long during Thanksgiving. It’s really the best time of year to be cruising IMHO!