Nov 4 Anthem- General Itinerary Question re Irma

Koz

Good morning. Our present itinerary for the Anthem on 4 NOV has us making Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Coco Cay during the 8 day cruise.  My question is whether it's possible that due to damage the cruise line will seek to change our itinerary (Bermuda perhaps) or take other action in the event of significant damage at some/all of the ports of call.  Looking at the damage to St. Marten now, I would be saying to myself that there is no way they would have the island "back to normal" to the point where in early Nov. they could start to accommodate guests again- there's simply too much damage, but then again, a swift rebound may surprise everyone.

I know that cruise lines have lengthened/shortened cruises following a significant storm, but I can't recall any where ports of call were modified.  Any thoughts are appreciated.   Thank you!

Thanks, I realize that it's too early- for all we know Nassau will be slightly impacted compared to places like St. Marten.   Just didn't know if in the past people have had their ports of call modified, or their routing changed entirely, because of such damage from a storm.

3 hours ago, BrianAlt said:

If the port is open, and there is damage to island, generally speaking the ship will call on that port.  It only varies what you can do on the island itself.

Agree, with Brian, if the port is open generally RCI will continue to stop at the island, but instead of having 20 possible shore excursions they may only have 10 due to areas still being damaged or not accessible.