Grandeur of the Seas from Baltimore to Bermuda Sept 2 - 7

Ammu

Hi, we are sailing from Baltimore to Bermuda on Sept 2nd and now hearing about Hurricane Irma. Any concerns? anyone planning to postpone and there is 80% chance of rain in Bermuda. What would you do in rain? If it rains while on ship and the pool is closed, what would we do?

Ammu.

First of all ..... no, I wouldn't be worried about Irma ...... if it does come up this way, it'll affect those on the ship AFTER your cruise.  As for rain on the ship, in all honesty, I don't know, I've never had that happen.... in normal instances, the captain will try to avoid it if possible, but, there are so many things to do on board, including the indoor pool in the Solarium, I wouldn't worry about it ....

As for Bermuda ..... I guess if it's raining, go shopping.  At least that's what my wife would do.  There's a very nice mall, the Clocktower Mall, real close to the ship.  That's the one thing you can never control, whether if it's a cruise or a land based vacation, is the weather ..... At least the captain can maneuver the ship around the rain somewhat, you can't do that on land.

I wouldn't book a cruise to Bermuda in Sept....I am not scared of a hurricane..but with the cruises to Bermuda...you basically cruise there and then spend 2-3 days docked in port..i wouldn't want to take any chance that the weather was going to be bad if I book one of those cruises.

I realize that with any cruise you cant control the weather, but with this cruise to one place for 3 days, there aren't many options if weather does get bad.

That being said..this hurriance wont affect this sail...but could the next one for sure.

On 9/1/2017 at 3:42 PM, monctonguy said:

I wouldn't book a cruise to Bermuda in Sept....I am not scared of a hurricane..but with the cruises to Bermuda...you basically cruise there and then spend 2-3 days docked in port..i wouldn't want to take any chance that the weather was going to be bad if I book one of those cruises.

That wouldn't matter.  Either the ship would leave early, or not go there at all.

19 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We are currently on this cruise.  The weather has been beautiful (except for departure day) and all is well.  Hopefully it remains that way !  We're in Bermuda now...will stay overnight and leave tomorrow afternoon.  Very enjoyable and relaxing.

Yay glad its nice and you are having fun