Icon Spring Break and Occupancy Rates

Curious if any of the very latest March Icon cruisers can speak to occupancy rates? Are they still climbing, I heard some speculate that they'd be full bore for Spring Break and others not until the summer. How did it feel? Kids insanity? What's SB like on Icon?

Hello,

Yes, we were on Icon last week (March 9th sailing date). According to a crew member I spoke with, they were running at roughly 85%-90% capacity last week, which included 2,400 kids. The crew member said they will be at 100% starting with the March 30th, 2024 sailing.

It wasn't too bad from a crowd perspective. Some of the pool deck areas were pretty crowded. We never had to wait more than a few mins for a drink, although Coco Cay seemed very crowed.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Wow, lots of kiddos. So my Apr 6 is looking to be the full enchilada. Hopefully it will be ok as its after most of the Spring break, the week AFTER the week after Easter. I guess the kids aren't so much the issue, just humanity overall.

On 3/20/2024 at 6:27 PM, smokeybandit said:

90% capacity is about 5000. And nearly half are kids? Ouch.

According to Wikipedia double occupancy is 5610 and capacity is 7600

so assuming 90% is of full that’s about 6800 - but to be at 2400 of that is still an insane number

dont think I will be sailing on her or Star any time soon. There are too many other RC ships I could sail in the Caribbean which are smaller ships but are half the price

4 hours ago, FOB said:

According to Wikipedia double occupancy is 5610 and capacity is 7600

so assuming 90% is of full that’s about 6800 - but to be at 2400 of that is still an insane number

dont think I will be sailing on her or Star any time soon. There are too many other RC ships I could sail in the Caribbean which are smaller ships but are half the price

100% occupancy is based on double occupancy. 

Like this week on adventure is about 122% occupancy since there are just under 3900 on board with a double occupancy of about 3100 

13 hours ago, FOB said:

Yes, I would agree. While we loved the ship and thought it was truly amazing, with the recent crazy run-up in prices, we definitely would not pay the inflated prices. In October of 2022 for our 3/9/24 Icon cruise, we paid roughly $7,000 for 2 rooms (one balcony and one inside room) for 4 people (my wife and me, and our 2 teenaged boys). I randomly checked the prices leading up to our 3/9/24 Icon cruise, and the prices for the exact same rooms skyrocketed to nearly $20k. Yikes! There's no way I'd pay that! Our cruise was great, but no chance it would be worth nearly $20k. No way!