Whiskey of the Seas

After falling down Matt’s video blog rabbit hole, I recently joined the blog. He does a wonderful job by the way. 62 days until Wonder of the Seas. After a decade of attempts and several previous postponements, my wife and I finally booked a cruise. Life happens. We purchased the drink package, and I was scouring the internet and all the blogs to get a better idea of the “ultra-premium” liquor options at bars like Mason Jar, in case I see something I would want to pay over’s on for the package.  I have only been able to find the limited and standard offerings and menus but not the ultra-premium offerings, possibly because those can vary more frequently. I’m specifically looking for current ultra-premium whisky prices at Mason Jar, Schooner, Cask and Clipper, or any others that people would recommend. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the most current bar and premium/ultra-premium liquor options, both under and over the $15 limit for the drink package for Wonder of the Seas? I’ll take all the help I can get at this point. Thanks!

Welcome to the boards!

If you’re really into ultra premium, I suspect you will a bit disappointed with the whiskey selection. There are certainly some premium choices, but I don’t recall any stellar options with any of the liquors. Not to say you won’t have fun checking things out, though!

On Harmony in January, the English pub, Boot & Bonnett, had a couple of selections from Whistlepig that were not available anywhere else on the ship.

6 year and 10 year rye. No extra cost with the drink package!

I would expect that the English pub on Wonder (Pig & Whistle?) may also have those (and maybe some others worth trying?)

10 hours ago, KristiZ said:

Welcome to the boards!

If you’re really into ultra premium, I suspect you will a bit disappointed with the whiskey selection. There are certainly some premium choices, but I don’t recall any stellar options with any of the liquors. Not to say you won’t have fun checking things out, though!

I’ll agree with this assessment. I have always been rather disappointed when it comes to Royal’s whiskey and scotch selections. Don’t get me wrong they’re not bad, but I can get as good a selection at most restaurant bars. If you like 12 year scotch, you’ll be fine. Outside of that, it’s all blends which I’m personally not a fan of.

I don’t see it as Royal being cheap. They are just buying the ones that they can get good volume on so there’s parity between ships and bars. 

Surprisingly, the pool bar on Allure had just as much of a selection as the inside bars did. 

I did manage to score some free Johnny Blue from The Collection but it cost me a couple of LV and Gucci hand bags for the girls. 😎😢😂

On 3/22/2024 at 3:24 PM, GatorCruiser said:

Gulhomars has every blantons made including  a few bottles of blantons char which is 2k. You just gotta get to St Maarten 

Well, that's good to hear. Rhapsody takes me there next January!