Housekeeping Question in 2024

Hi all,

Sailing next month and this will be my first cruise, not in a suite, since they changed the housekeeping to once a day. Can you please explain how this works now?

Do you get to pick if you prefer AM or PM cleaning?  How does the pull out or ceiling bed get setup nightly?  Any info or suggestions would be great. 

In most case the cabin attendant will ask you your preference on day one. I say most cases because your attendant may not find you on day one. If you have a situation where you have more than 2 in a room and need to get turndown service for a couch or upper berth they will come again if you choose AM cleaning. We had an upper berth on Mariner in Jan, it was never put up because we had PM cleaning. YMMV on whether a pull out would be put up in the AM if you chose PM cleaning. 

2 weeks ago on Anthem my friend told her attendant she wanted evening service.  This was after she tipped him upfront for ice daily.  He informed her he does that section in the day time as he does his other section at night.  I was floored.  She gave in and was miserable.  The meaning of morning service was not what she thought.  He also was a lousy attendant- no fresh towels a few days nor the daily  ice she had tipped for.  

you are supposed to be able to choose when you want service. 

the layout of Anthem sucks for attendants in the forward section.  
I had an interior cabin and there were at least 4 attendants in that small corridor working on cabins  it made no sense that such a small area had so many attending it.  I suspected they were all new.  My guy stunk   One of the few times I did not leave an additional tip. 

Im currently on Anthem and I’ve not seen my attendant so we now seem to have morning service.  So be it, next time I cruise I’ll  leave a note with my preference 

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

@Pattycruise I think that is my question, what time does AM mean? I don't want to be in my cabin when it's supposed to be cleaned. Same with PM

@Mrs. Thomas, when we were on Allure in July (and when I was solo on Navigator in January 2023), our stateroom attendant said morning service was 8-11am while evening was 5-7pm. The evening one they preferred to do it earlier versus later in that time slot. It worked fine for me in the evening because of going to dinner, so that's what we did both times. Hope this helps.

23 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

@Mrs. Thomas, when we were on Allure in July (and when I was solo on Navigator in January 2023), our stateroom attendant said morning service was 8-11am while evening was 5-7pm. The evening one they preferred to do it earlier versus later in that time slot. It worked fine for me in the evening because of going to dinner, so that's what we did both times. Hope this helps.

Yes, that does. Thanks!

Well I tell them mornings on day one when we meet. However, I'm a cash only tipper. Good cash tip from hello and everyday after that. 

I ask for ice in the evening and my cabin always gets a little sprucing up along with the ice delivery. 

So cash in hand can get you 1 & 1/2 cleanings per day.