The Effectors: The Origin Story - Icon of the Seas

The entertainment booking options just opened up tonight on our March 16th Icon cruise, and I've not seen mention of this show anywhere.  Is this "Effectors 3"?   Are we getting the first showing of it on Icon?

I just don't know anything about it and haven't heard anything about it (booked it anyway since we were on both Odyssey and Wonder before the Effector shows were ready):

Screencap of cruise planner below:  (clicking on it provides no further info except times, we reserved the first one day 5 (cozumel) at 7pm)

image.thumb.png.a4032837fe23f2227ed32c0db2b0b2d5.png

• Atricks changed the title to The Effectors: The Origin Story - Icon of the Seas

I see we've entered borderline cinematic universe territory now with The Effectors on Icon.

I wonder if they will rebrand Odyssey: Effectors I, a New Hope

Up next for Star: Effectors III Crash Back

Oasis 7: Effectors 1 1/2 Hakuna Matata

Icon 3: Drone I: an Effectors Story

A few crew members were telling me on the inaugural that this was in the works, just not ready yet. On the inaugural, they kept referring to it as "Effectors 3" and they had no timeline when it would be ready by. That's why I didn't even bother mentioning it in the live blog we did. Glad to see it happening.

Hubby and I really like the MCU and we were saying after seeing the first two Effectors how much it reminds us of a cheesy version of the Avengers. Another reason why we will have to sail Icon again lol

I noticed that some of the shows are listed as "Complimentary" and others such as the cover bands and adult comedy are listed as "$0.00 / per guest", is this an indication that Royal is getting ready to "Liberty" us again and start charging for some of the entertainment?

16 hours ago, Atricks said:

The entertainment booking options just opened up tonight on our March 16th Icon cruise, and I've not seen mention of this show anywhere.  Is this "Effectors 3"?   Are we getting the first showing of it on Icon?

I just don't know anything about it and haven't heard anything about it (booked it anyway since we were on both Odyssey and Wonder before the Effector shows were ready):

Screencap of cruise planner below:  (clicking on it provides no further info except times, we reserved the first one day 5 (cozumel) at 7pm)

image.thumb.png.a4032837fe23f2227ed32c0db2b0b2d5.png

Thanks for flagging this. I had been checking the app (we're on the same sailing), but in typical RCCL fashion, the app doesn't have entertainment reservation options, only online. 

You're not missing anything if you haven't seen any of the other "Effectors" shows as it seems that is what Royal is starting to theme their own production shows. There is an element of "superheroes" to it (if I recall one of the other productions correctly), but there is no need to worry about missing any story elements or tying them together.

Separately, Oz is fantastic (we saw it on the inaugural), and I hope the full aqua show is ready as the inaugural was abbreviated. Also, hopefully they do the second ice show (family friendly one), which I thought was better than Starburst. Reservations are not required for that one.