App issue or am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I'm taking the stairs all the time but feel I'm still losing the battle with the weight part here. 🤣

But you're winning the enjoyment of food battle... you can lose weight when you get home. That's my philosophy anyway. It's also why I try to lose a few lbs. before I cruise so I have less to lose when I get back.

I also take the stairs, not to be healthy just to avoid slow, crowded elevators, but that doesn't do much for me either... or maybe I'd gain an extra pound if I didn't?

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

But you're winning the enjoyment of food battle... you can lose weight when you get home. That's my philosophy anyway. It's also why I try to lose a few lbs. before I cruise so I have less to lose when I get back.

I also take the stairs, not to be healthy just to avoid slow, crowded elevators, but that doesn't do much for me either... or maybe I'd gain an extra pound if I didn't?

The elevator situation on this ship is rough. My son and I beat my wife to just about every deck by taking the stairs over the elevators. 

5 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

The elevator situation on this ship is rough. My son and I beat my wife to just about every deck by taking the stairs over the elevators. 

I think it's most ships these days. Add in the lack of etiquette and people coughing their heads off in the elevators (and I'm far from a germaphobe) and to me the stairs are a no-brainer even for someone as lazy as me.

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I think it's most ships these days. Add in the lack of etiquette and people coughing their heads off in the elevators (and I'm far from a germaphobe) and to me the stairs are a no-brainer even for someone as lazy as me.

I only have taken one elevator ride and that was because we were going from deck 4 to 15, too much on that one. 🤣 I had to get off on 11 and walk the rest of the way. Too many people getting in on other decks. Coughing? 👎☹️ That's not cool at all. 

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I did 6-17 in June after an aqua show let out b/c the elevators were such a mess... I didn't think I was gonna make it, lol. Definitely not something I want to repeat.

I could see that. Only in Oasis once but could definitely see that happening. After that show could be a crazy bottleneck. I didn't see any of the shows there but my wife said the show she was was awesome. 

14 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I would be surprised if anything more than a small percentage of people eating something with aioli could tell the difference between that and a garlicky mayonnaise.

Same with wasabi and dyed-green horseradish.

Wait Aioli isn't just garlicky mayo!? ( I kid)  But these two posts are why I don't take anyone's advice on food. I am  are far from a foodie (I'm know in my area as Cheesesteak Scott...not exactly a gourmet food reviewer) I don't need everything to be perfect, as long as its good. And so far I have had almost nothing, that one Mediterranean steak aside, that I would deem bad.  BUT people on my exact same cruises either raved or complained about every meal on facebook. I think a large part of the people who complain are people who cruise A LOT and have a lot of past meals to compare it to...they may not be the quality they were years ago, but to someone who is a casual cruiser like myself, without a huge span of menus and meals to compare it to, the food is just fine.  

3 hours ago, ScottD said:

I think a large part of the people who complain are people who cruise A LOT and have a lot of past meals to compare it to...they may not be the quality they were years ago, but to someone who is a casual cruiser like myself, without a huge span of menus and meals to compare it to, the food is just fine.

You're likely right but even this part is still somewhat subjective. I've cruised a lot more in recent years than way back when but I do remember old menus with cold fruit soups (loved those) and nicer bread baskets, the midnight buffet with ice sculptures (that was very cool), etc. All that said, I never found the MDR to be as good as many people even back then. And as someone who is more of a bar food, burger, sandwich, pizza, taco guy, I appreciate the added included venues like ELF and Park Cafe more than I care about the MDR food.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, which is fine by me, but I eat casual food starting in the wee morning hours, snack throughout the day, and then often have some Sorrento's after dinner... so my actual sit down dinner isn't super important to me. That said, like you, I find the the MDR to be fine right now, not great, not terrible, and I obviously enjoy some items a lot more than others. This all falls under the header of subjectivity and personal preference to me.

Well Jaime's was really good again. I say really good and not excellent or amazing because the chicken Parmesan was just ok. It wasn't bad, it was just good and not exactly what I think of as great chicken Parmesan. The risotto was awesome and the apps were awesome, the desserts were very good also. The tiramisu was a bit too strong for me but not bad at all. That's me being a bit critical or taking a objective look at it. The staff is amazing though.