A New Way to Track Cruise Prices!

Hello all!

My husband who is an engineer likes to dabble in side projects, and recently was working on an idea for a simple site to track cruise prices in real-time.  As avid cruisers, this is something we've often discussed as a 'wouldn't it be nice if' type of feature.  Aside from asking a travel agent to keep an eye on the price, the only way currently to track if pricing trends up or down on a particular sailing is to manually log in to the RCI site and do a mock booking. 

The site he has put together grabs all of the data in real-time from the direct RCI site so users can easily track the prices and use that information to make or modify bookings.  

It's currently still in the very beginning stages of operation and the full dashboard isn't quite ready yet, but we wanted to share the link to sign up in order to gauge how much interest there might be in something like this! 

If you do check it out and have questions or feedback, feel free to drop them here and we will use that feedback to help build out the site in a way that will better serve cruisers' needs!

https://cruisesavvy.app/

13 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I would suggest taking off the testimonial of how helpful the site was since the site isn't even functional yet.

Alright, I’ll rephrase. Sounds like it COULD BE a very helpful site. 
Does that work for you? 

12 minutes ago, Biaggio said:

Alright, I’ll rephrase. Sounds like it COULD BE a very helpful site. 
Does that work for you? 

They weren’t talking about your post, they were saying the testimonial on the link the OP posted says how great it worked for them planning their cruise. The site is non-functional as of now, so how could that testimonial be true? 

A lot of sites have price tracking abilities. But what it doesn't take into account is what you originally paid. 

Our travel agency has a tool that we use; I get an email when a price changes. But it only says when it changes downward, meaning it could have gone up at some point and is now going down but it's still not lower than what it was. 

While these tools can be helpful, the only way to know for sure is to actually check the price. 

Unless your site has a way to input the data on the original price then it's not going to be more helpful than other sites. Sorry.