Booking MyTime while waitlisted for Early Seating

Hi, We just booked a cruise for Sept, and had to go on the waitlist for Early Seating dining. In the meantime, we are booked with My Time dining, and I was able to go in and make reservations for all the nights of our cruise.   Will the computer pass us over when it would be our turn to get off the Early Seating waitlist because we have the My Time reservations? Thanks.

22 minutes ago, SLM said:

Hi, We just booked a cruise for Sept, and had to go on the waitlist for Early Seating dining. In the meantime, we are booked with My Time dining, and I was able to go in and make reservations for all the nights of our cruise.   Will the computer pass us over when it would be our turn to get off the Early Seating waitlist because we have the My Time reservations? Thanks.

It "shouldn't" but there's no telling with RC IT, especially with dining. Several people, myself included, have had traditional dining booked and then boarded the ship only to find "the computer" had switched us to MTD for no reason.

If you still have MTD when you board, it's worth a trip to the MDR in the afternoon to see what they can do. In my case (and at least one other), a manager basically had us just show up at 5:15 every night and we were seated within 5-10 mins every night. It was like having MTD but early. We had different servers and tables but that didn't bother us as long as we had a 2-top and early seating.

We recently had this same situation.  We had My Time for our cruise departing this weekend and had booked all of our meal times when they became available on cruise planner.

A week ago we got cancellation emails for all our reservations and when we looked it was because we had been changed to Early seating.

We did have our TA confirm too that the change had happened.

I can't tell you if we were passed over at any time but I can say we did get the change we had been waitlisted for.

56 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It "shouldn't" but there's no telling with RC IT, especially with dining. Several people, myself included, have had traditional dining booked and then boarded the ship only to find "the computer" had switched us to MTD for no reason.

If you still have MTD when you board, it's worth a trip to the MDR in the afternoon to see what they can do. In my case (and at least one other), a manager basically had us just show up at 5:15 every night and we were seated within 5-10 mins every night. It was like having MTD but early. We had different servers and tables but that didn't bother us as long as we had a 2-top and early seating.

We've had similar experiences. Our first sailing on Wonder last year, we booked 5:30 early traditional... when they posted the cruise docs it changed to 5:15... when we boarded, the SeaPass cards stated 5:00! 😆 

Our last sailing (also Wonder), we booked early traditional once again, but purchased the UDP. They dropped us out of early dining (did not know until we looked at our SeaPass cards!) and moved us into MTD. We only chose to dine for one evening in the MDR and they were very accommodating when we explained our situation. Same response... they told us to come to the desk at 5:15 and they would seat us. 

We just booked a cruise for July and were given MTD.  We always pick early seating, traditional dining but it was full.  We were put on a waitlist for our desired dining.  Within 2 days the app updated from MTD to traditional dining. I was pleasantly surprised how fast the waitlist worked.  Hopefully yours will do the same. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I just wanted to report back that I just got cancellations of all the My Time dining reservations I had made, and when I went in to the app, I saw I now had Early Seating dining.  We actually hadn't even been able to get on to the Early Seating waitlist when we booked, and it was only a week ago that our TA said she had been able to add us to the waitlist. Super thankful this piece of things worked out as I had hoped!