CRUISE PLANNING CLASS

Madelyn D

Hey Fellow Cruise Fanatics, 

I have been asked to teach a seminar where I work about how to plan the perfect vacation.  I decided that the first installment will be on cruising. If you guys could post some things that you would want to learn about, tips and tricks you think should be included, or even fun facts -- I would be very grateful.

I work a corporate job and each month there are 3 or 4 seminars that anyone in the building can go to. They can be career or personal life enriching (Goal Setting, Beer Brewing, how to use formulas on Excel, a guag/salsa contest and Levels of listening are some previous examples).  It's a pretty big deal to be asked to teach one and I couldn't be more excited.  

Also, if anyone can think of a witty title - that would also be helpful.

Title: Cruise Away to a Stress Free Vacation

Do I use a travel agent, book online, or call??  And what are the benefits or downfalls?

Why would I go on a cruise instead of just traveling to that location?

Passports....

Just a few off the top of my head.  Have fun with.  Maybe serve some tropical drinks.

Types of cruise lines (mass market vs premium vs luxury)

Reasons to choose a particular line (e.g., strongly consider Royal if you have kids due to great programs and activities; choose MSC if you want a more European style trip and are OK with that, or if the cost is a major factor)

Consider what matters most to you – ship or itinerary – and plan the rest around that

Maybe lead off with an image of "classic cruising" from Titanic (movie) and point out that unless you go on a luxury liner, it's nothing like that any more. Followed up with images of people wearing shorts in the MDR. ??

As for title, I think Resting Birds got the clear winner!

On 8/20/2017 at 11:19 AM, JLMoran said:

Consider what matters most to you – ship or itinerary – and plan the rest around that.

As for title, I think Resting Birds got the clear winner!

JLMoran, hit on several great points, and I feel that, Ship verses Itinerary verses available dates are the 3 most important factor's in choosing a cruise, I have 3 future cruises booked, 1 was booked on available dates (Mine and the cruise line) and price, 1 was booked for the Itinerary, and the 3rd was booked for the Suite and Star Class availability (And Price)

I would also touch on managing expectations, what your personal expectations are and why you cruise, IE. I cruise so that I can completely unplug (Even though I have VOOM if I need it).

Congratulations on getting requested to present this, awesome opportunity.

Agree on Resting Bird as well