Labadee Day Bed "Excursion"

JPit

Just off a cruise and had a Labadee Day Bed "Excursion". I'm looking for someone who has a future cruise who can screen shot the offering from the website or app. I don't believe I received the offering as stated (things like floats were not provided). Post cruise I no longer can read it. Before I make a stink I would like documentation. Any help is appreciated.

20 hours ago, JPit said:

Yes. Beach Bed. TY. It confirms my issue. When we went to check in and gwt the bed they said only 2 people. It's roped off and you need a wrist band. They would not give the 2 others access and I was pissed. It says here up to 4. 

Wow, that's really garbage - I'd be pissed too! That's a lot to spend to not even get what was offered. What did you end up doing?

20 hours ago, JPit said:

Yes. Beach Bed. TY. It confirms my issue. When we went to check in and gwt the bed they said only 2 people. It's roped off and you need a wrist band. They would not give the 2 others access and I was pissed. It says here up to 4. 

I would be really annoyed about that too.

It's not much use to you now, unfortunately, but what I usually do is keep a screenshot of the description of anything I buy in the cruise planner so that I have it for reference in case something goes awry. Maybe you could do that for future trips.

4 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I would be really annoyed about that too.

It's not much use to you now, unfortunately, but what I usually do is keep a screenshot of the description of anything I buy in the cruise planner so that I have it for reference in case something goes awry. Maybe you could do that for future trips.

This is a great cautionary tale - I'm going to do this now as well!

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

Wow, that's really garbage - I'd be pissed too! That's a lot to spend to not even get what was offered. What did you end up doing?

Nothing yet. I got to find the right number to call but I will probably also post it in X. 

On 1/29/2024 at 4:25 PM, JPit said:

That's terrible.. The 2 people only are the beach loungers for 2. Blue and white striped with clamshell like tent attached. 

13 minutes ago, michaelp1446 said:

That's terrible.. The 2 people only are the beach loungers for 2. Blue and white striped with clamshell like tent attached. 

I got an answer. They admit it says 4 people but only if you have 4 in your stateroom. Of course I said that it doesn't say that. And they apologized. I also didn't get the free water or the floaters. They are checking with the boat. Which I doubt will yield anything. At best a credit might happen for the future which I don't see using anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, JPit said:

I got an answer. They admit it says 4 people but only if you have 4 in your stateroom. Of course I said that it doesn't say that. And they apologized. I also didn't get the free water or the floaters. They are checking with the boat. Which I doubt will yield anything. At best a credit might happen for the future which I don't see using anytime soon. 

Sounds like a half baked excuse. What possible difference could it make if the other two people are in your stateroom? 🙄

Keep pressing.

On 2/1/2024 at 4:43 PM, JPit said:

Oh I would be so annoyed at this too!  We've rented the beach beds at various parts of Coco Cay and have always received 4 wristbands (while only being 2 in our cabin & having family join us from another cabin). I understand why they limit to 4 as anyone who has booked these does not want to have 10 people in the bed/loungers beside them.  We do have a beach bed booked for Labadee next month and now you've got me considering cancelling it.  Thank you for sharing and I absolutely would be pushing for a refund or at the very least a FCC for what you paid for the bed.

On 2/3/2024 at 10:45 AM, recogneyes said:

Thank you for sharing and I absolutely would be pushing for a refund or at the very least a FCC for what you paid for the bed.

I think I'd push for a refund of the difference in price between the beach bed and the clamshell loungers since those don't come with any extras. That is essentially what you got, for 2 people only.

On 2/11/2024 at 5:39 PM, Kat71cr said:

It will be my first time in Labadee Haiti question is

Can anyone recommend the need to rent a Beach Lounger for two or are enough lounge chairs with and umbrella on the 1st come bases?

Absolutely no need to pay for a lounger.  There are plenty available on the island.

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2024 at 7:50 PM, Butters530 said:

We have one rented at Coco Cay for our upcoming Cruise in June. I hope there aren’t any issues. 

CocoCay never gives us a problem and always gives us 4 wristbands. Doesn’t matter how many are in your cabin. They can be a little “questioning” on additional guests hanging around your bed at first but eventually leave you alone.