Side to Side Cruises

We are booked on the Ascent on January 5, 2025 until January 12, 2025 in and out of FLL. Then we go to Symphony out of MIA on January 12,2025. I understand this is termed  “Side to Side Cruises”.  Since we need to get from FLL to MIA, and we are transferring among Royal Caribbean Group ships, does Royal Caribbean assist in getting from one port to another?

No, they only will get you to and from the airport and the port. They don’t do shuttles from one port to another. There won’t be enough people doing what you are doing for them dedicate resources for.  FLL and MIA aren’t all that far apart and finding an Uber won’t be any issue.

Yes, Royal does provide a shuttle for side to side from MIA to Fll cruise ports. My wife and I have done it twice. Once on board the first cruise check with the front desk to set up the transfer. You can also speck to the Loyalty Ambassador as well. 

Hello from the Ascent, just got off Oasis in Miami and headed over here to FLL. Yes, there is a shuttle… Do you want the long version or the short version? Ha. First of all when I went to guest services on Oasis to arrange the shuttle, I initially got someone who told me such a thing did not exist. I returned a second time and talked to someone new and they fixed me up right away. I was to ride the shuttle from Miami to the Fort Lauderdale airport with everybody else, wait until all of the Airport people got off, and then I would be taken to the port of Fort Lauderdale to the Ascent at no charge. 

sounded great, but it was a complete fiasco and a total waste of time. I  recommend an Uber instead. The congestion was unbelievable, I waited in line and waited for the shuttle well over an hour, and after an hour I had made it near the front of the line (not really a line, a loose crowd that were shifting and pushing and shoving each other, there was no line manager and no organization of any kind ) but there was one elderly bus driver in charge of loading everybody's suitcases into the bus all by himself, so we were looking at quite a long while before he got that accomplished. People were frantic and worried about making their flights, everything was super slow, people were crowding and it was pure chaos. After over an hour waiting for this shuttle to get loaded, I gave up and went to the taxi line which took almost 30 minutes. Even so when I pulled away in the taxi I looked back and the shuttle was still sitting there and the bus driver had just barely begun loading the suitcases into the belly of the bus. 

had I hung in there I might have gotten onto the shuttle, I might've gotten edged out of the crowd and not even made that one. Either way if I had ridden the shuttle to the airport, I would've then had to wait until that one elderly bus driver unloaded all the suitcases again entirely by himself, and only then would I have been taken to the port. Definitely not worth it. 

I recommend an Uber for the transfer between ports and if possible, have your Uber come just after 10. Traffic and congestion died down dramatically after that for private transport.

But ymmv. 

8 hours ago, She Sails Away said:

Hello from the Ascent, just got off Oasis in Miami and headed over here to FLL. Yes, there is a shuttle… Do you want the long version or the short version? Ha. First of all when I went to guest services on Oasis to arrange the shuttle, I initially got someone who told me such a thing did not exist. I returned a second time and talked to someone new and they fixed me up right away. I was to ride the shuttle from Miami to the Fort Lauderdale airport with everybody else, wait until all of the Airport people got off, and then I would be taken to the port of Fort Lauderdale to the Ascent at no charge. 

sounded great, but it was a complete fiasco and a total waste of time. I  recommend an Uber instead. The congestion was unbelievable, I waited in line and waited for the shuttle well over an hour, and after an hour I had made it near the front of the line (not really a line, a loose crowd that were shifting and pushing and shoving each other, there was no line manager and no organization of any kind ) but there was one elderly bus driver in charge of loading everybody's suitcases into the bus all by himself, so we were looking at quite a long while before he got that accomplished. People were frantic and worried about making their flights, everything was super slow, people were crowding and it was pure chaos. After over an hour waiting for this shuttle to get loaded, I gave up and went to the taxi line which took almost 30 minutes. Even so when I pulled away in the taxi I looked back and the shuttle was still sitting there and the bus driver had just barely begun loading the suitcases into the belly of the bus. 

had I hung in there I might have gotten onto the shuttle, I might've gotten edged out of the crowd and not even made that one. Either way if I had ridden the shuttle to the airport, I would've then had to wait until that one elderly bus driver unloaded all the suitcases again entirely by himself, and only then would I have been taken to the port. Definitely not worth it. 

I recommend an Uber for the transfer between ports and if possible, have your Uber come just after 10. Traffic and congestion died down dramatically after that for private transport.

But ymmv. 

Wow, had a friend who used the Oasis shuttle for the airport in early January and she described it like you did.  Chaos.  She’s done it before with no issue so IDK how Royal has screwed this up now.  She’s looking elsewhere for transportation for her Oasis sailing next year. 

9 hours ago, She Sails Away said:

... ... The congestion was unbelievable, I waited in line and waited for the shuttle well over an hour, and after an hour I had made it near the front of the line (not really a line, a loose crowd that were shifting and pushing and shoving each other, there was no line manager and no organization of any kind ) but there was one elderly bus driver in charge of loading everybody's suitcases into the bus all by himself, so we were looking at quite a long while before he got that accomplished. People were frantic and worried about making their flights, everything was super slow, people were crowding and it was pure chaos. After over an hour waiting for this shuttle to get loaded, ... ...

It's been a while but in Sep 2022 sail out of Miami our experiance was the same taking royal shuttle to MIA.

Sailed again from Miami in Nov 2022 and decided to Uber to MIA, much better, on the way out I pointed out to wife the backup already forming for Royals shuttle service.

So I'd venture to say this is the typical experiance