Port Everglades Hotel Suggestions

DublinFC

I am pretty sure this has been stated somewhere, but I am not going hunting through the message boards for the thread(s).  

Any solid suggestions for hotels near Port Everglades?  Depending on arrival time a place with a great pool and pool bar would be nice.  Also, if staying so close what is the average cost of an Uber/Lyft to the port?  Just wondering.   I have only sailed from Miami and Port Canaveral.  PC we had a shuttle from Disney World.

thanks 🙂

30 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

I am pretty sure this has been stated somewhere, but I am not going hunting through the message boards for the thread(s).  

Any solid suggestions for hotels near Port Everglades?  Depending on arrival time a place with a great pool and pool bar would be nice.  Also, if staying so close what is the average cost of an Uber/Lyft to the port?  Just wondering.   I have only sailed from Miami and Port Canaveral.  PC we had a shuttle from Disney World.

thanks 🙂

Any of the hotels on the beach would be perfect for you. 
No Budget: Ritz Carlton, Conrad, Hilton, W Fort Lauderdale beach, Marriott Harbor Beach. Locals staycation at Conrad and Marriott harbor beach for the most part. 

budget: Hilton Marina

$15-$20ish for an Uber to the terminal. 

71010147508__497C7AFD-6DFD-456F-9CD7-48C9E11ED9FB.jpeg

IMG_3346.jpeg

2 hours ago, DublinFC said:

thanks 🙂

My go-to hotel in Fort Lauderdale is the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn. We have stayed there twice before and will be back for the third time in just over two weeks from now. It's fairly basic but it does have a pool and a bar and breakfast is included in the room rate, if that's something that might make a difference to you. It's close to the beach and walking distance to restaurants and shops along the seafront. I seem to remember Lyft to the port being around the $12 mark but the last time we were there was pre-pandemic so I'd expect it to be more now.

On 1/22/2024 at 4:24 PM, FionaMG said:

My go-to hotel in Fort Lauderdale is the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn. We have stayed there twice before and will be back for the third time in just over two weeks from now. It's fairly basic but it does have a pool and a bar and breakfast is included in the room rate, if that's something that might make a difference to you. It's close to the beach and walking distance to restaurants and shops along the seafront. I seem to remember Lyft to the port being around the $12 mark but the last time we were there was pre-pandemic so I'd expect it to be more now.

Good to know.  depending on what we see for flights might influence the hotel.  time of arrival and flight costs.  much appreciated

• 5 weeks later...

@DublinFC please let us know which hotel you settled on and how your stay was.

For me, I like staying at Hyatt Place 17th street. There are a large cluster of hotels in the area but the combination of free breakfast, large rooms and consistently competitive prices make this my choice. I'm not that fussed with pools though so ymmv with this. 

But the reason I like this area is that everything you need is within walking distance. Even Port Everglades if you wanted to save $10-15. There are various restaurants, a Publix/Dollar Tree for sundries, wine shops, and a TJ Maxx/Ross for "I forgot to pack this item of clothing".

On 2/26/2024 at 11:18 AM, KWong said:

@DublinFC please let us know which hotel you settled on and how your stay was.

For me, I like staying at Hyatt Place 17th street. There are a large cluster of hotels in the area but the combination of free breakfast, large rooms and consistently competitive prices make this my choice. I'm not that fussed with pools though so ymmv with this. 

But the reason I like this area is that everything you need is within walking distance. Even Port Everglades if you wanted to save $10-15. There are various restaurants, a Publix/Dollar Tree for sundries, wine shops, and a TJ Maxx/Ross for "I forgot to pack this item of clothing".

I will try to come back and post this.  Our sailing is not for another year.  But booking hotels and flights will have to start happening soon.  I prefer to book well in advance for our hotels and keep track of the price to see if I can get a better deal down the road.