Royal screwed up my reservation

Ive made a courtesy hold reservation for the icon of the seas. I purchased airplane tickets and me and my husband took off from work. When i called to pay for my cruise they say i can no longer book it because that room doesn’t take 5 people . Is me my husband 2 kids and a 3 year old. They admitted they made a mistake. The costumer service is not giving me any resolution, they are saying they are going to try to help. Is there any one i could contact directly to get more help? I will be a diamond member this February and it is unbelievable how they been treating us. 

33 minutes ago, Stephaniequezada22 said:

Ive made a courtesy hold reservation for the icon of the seas. I purchased airplane tickets and me and my husband took off from work. When i called to pay for my cruise they say i can no longer book it because that room doesn’t take 5 people . Is me my husband 2 kids and a 3 year old. They admitted they made a mistake. The costumer service is not giving me any resolution, they are saying they are going to try to help. Is there any one i could contact directly to get more help? I will be a diamond member this February and it is unbelievable how they been treating us. 

It would have been best to pay deposit before booking a plane flight because I personally don’t have much faith in IT at Royal Caribbean.  A courtesy hold is not binding in any way so I think you may not have much luck with resolution. Good luck 

20 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

OK I'm confused. A courtesy hold is 48 hours. You attempted to pay for a cruise in full less than 48 hours after the hold?

And they couldn't just move you to a room that does hold 5?

We wanted to get approved for vacation before paying for the cruise and also make sure we have plane tickets. They are offering us to move to a bigger room for 13k which is more than double than the room we found. 

28 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

It would have been best to pay deposit before booking a plane flight because I personally don’t have much faith in IT at Royal Caribbean.  A courtesy hold is not binding in any way so I think you may not have much luck with resolution. Good luck 

We now realize this.. we take 3 to 4 cruises with RC a year and never had this issue before. 

Icon curiously has very few 5+ rooms.  Its pretty much the family balconies (of which there are few) or connecting rooms.  And then a 3 person room is also tricky to find because RCL likes to hold most rooms open for 4.  On Icon in particular, connecting or even side by side rooms get expensive quickly, you're creeping back towards that 13k mark.