Royal could learn something here

https://www.cruisehive.com/norwegian-cruise-line-dining-venue-becomes-complimentary/119931

Absolutely love Royal Caribbean, all my cruises except 2 have been on Royal and have 2 booked for this year. The cheapness at times with food options and losing some food partnership do annoy me. They could learn something here. Johnny rockets should probably be free like this. 

5 hours ago, Doug_Texas said:

I think NCL food & beverage is better but the sailings cost more.

I agree.  I’ve only sailed once on NCL (Prima) and the food options were incredible!  The MDR was absolutely fantastic with at least a dozen dinner options each night (some the same but more than half different each night).  The food quality was amazing.  There were also so many other complementary food venues.  I was not crazy with the ship at all but food…100% loved it!

NCL costs more, BUT they include drink package, 2 speciality dinners, 150 minutes of WiFi and shore excursion credit. Royal offers none of those with their cruise fare. I just got off an NCL sailing and the food was an absolute home run. The Indian food in the buffet was significantly better than Royal's

My #1 complaint about Royal lately (other than rising prices) is how they've put so much time in development and refurbishment of ships adding things that are only for a certain level of passenger or for an additional fee. Overall the balance has been okay -- not enough for me to really get upset about it -- but on Oasis Class, for example, the ratio of premium dining to complimentary borders on excessive.

It seems like they've found a little better of a balance with Icon by adding more complimentary options (although this also could simply be to accommodate the ~8% additional passenger count). However, on Icon they've devoted an entire 'neighborhood' of the ship just for the rich folk in suites so they've kind of added on both ends of the spectrum. 🤷‍♂️ 

As I recall…the venue was originally a complimentary burger joint-type restaurant, then it became the up charged Margaritaville at Sea, then it was re-branded to another up charge venue and now it will be complimentary again.

I recall on all my cruising on NCL out of NY, it never seemed busy as an up charge restaurant. It always seemed empty to me.

In contrast, all the onboard Johnny Rockets I have been to have always seemed well patronized. It’s apparently a money-maker and even though the prices have been raised, its popularity seems to continue. I think it would be a mistake, in a business sense, to do away with the Johnny Rockets branding and make it a complimentary burger joint.

However, I may be a bit biased…I absolutely love Johnny Rockets. But, if Royal should decide to make the Johnny Rockets venue complimentary without changing the brand, I’m all for it!

42 minutes ago, BrianB said:

As I recall…the venue was originally a complimentary burger joint-type restaurant, then it became the up charged Margaritaville at Sea, then it was re-branded to another up charge venue and now it will be complimentary again.

I recall on all my cruising on NCL out of NY, it never seemed busy as an up charge restaurant. It always seemed empty to me.

In contrast, all the onboard Johnny Rockets I have been to have always seemed well patronized. It’s apparently a money-maker and even though the prices have been raised, its popularity seems to continue. I think it would be a mistake, in a business sense, to do away with the Johnny Rockets branding and make it a complimentary burger joint.

However, I may be a bit biased…I absolutely love Johnny Rockets. But, if Royal should decide to make the Johnny Rockets venue complimentary without changing the brand, I’m all for it!

I agree, Johnny Rockets I think is really good. We like it as a treat once a cruise for the family. Milkshakes and all. It is always busy also so yeah you are correct it probably does make a lot of money. I'm not sure why there is bashing of the venue itself or the quality of food. It's also not too expensive. I hope it stays. If it went to complimentary I feel the quality would really be in the dumps.