HELP! What to do on a weekend cruise (3 day)

irishminnj

I am brand new and I'm cruising with my 12 year old son, just the two of us. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to do the Unlimited Dining package for us or do you think we will have enough GOOD TASTING options that are included in the cruise cost? We are only going for 3 days total, with one day being in Ensenada, MX. I just think it's so expensive to upgrade but I will if the included meals/dining options aren't very good and don't have much variety. Please help me!!!

2 hours ago, irishminnj said:

I am brand new and I'm cruising with my 12 year old son, just the two of us. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to do the Unlimited Dining package for us or do you think we will have enough GOOD TASTING options that are included in the cruise cost? We are only going for 3 days total, with one day being in Ensenada, MX. I just think it's so expensive to upgrade but I will if the included meals/dining options aren't very good and don't have much variety. Please help me!!!

Just stick with the buffet and main dining room. That will be more than enough for a short first time trip. 

Food is subjective. Try the included venues & decide for yourself for future cruises. You will not starve.

I’m assuming you’re on Navigator. Besides the above mentioned MDR & buffet, there are tacos at El Loco Fresh during the day (and other items but I stick with the tacos) & pizza, sandwiches, & snacks available until late night at Cafe Promenade.

If you want an inexpensive meal/snack, I’m a big fan of Playmakers. Very good bar food.

Enjoy your first cruise & don’t worry about the food. There’s plenty!