Cozumel/Costa Maya looking to increase cruise passenger taxes

per the article it says they would be collected at the time a reservation is made, so I assume for the cruise we have booked for next February (and is paid in full) that is stopping at both spots we wouldn't be subject to this, correct?

As a family of 5, stopping at both places would mean an extra $50 - not a huge amount but not nothing either

1 hour ago, michaelp1446 said:

I could be wrong, but I thought the article said if  passed it would take effect in 2025...

yeah, you are correct - I saw 2024 Fiscal Plan, but you are right it won't go into effect until then.  Guess some people with already booked 2025 trips though might need to confirm if have to pay or not

On 11/30/2023 at 8:57 AM, TheMaxRebo said:

yeah, you are correct - I saw 2024 Fiscal Plan, but you are right it won't go into effect until then.  Guess some people with already booked 2025 trips though might need to confirm if have to pay or not

When The Bahamas raised their passenger fees, Royal retroactively billed the increase to all existing reservations.