Drink package

Lakotamarie

@Xaa IDK what cruise you're on, but WOW the price per guest for your DBP!  It always amazes me the pricing difference between cruise ships.  Ours is currently $98 per guest with the "sale" of buy one get one 50%.  We actually got a better deal before the black Friday "sale".  

Alot like what @Ryan79say about the "sale" price!  I've been paying more attention to the per guest price BEFORE the "sale"

Not understanding how @Lakotamarie or @jbrinkm could even price out just one package before adding another.  I’ve never been able to price out just one drink package..it automatically adds my husband right away noting that every eligible adult in the stateroom must purchase the package when one is.  When we want only one person to purchase it I have always had to call.  Just curious.

1 hour ago, KJ777 said:

@Xaa IDK what cruise you're on, but WOW the price per guest for your DBP!  It always amazes me the pricing difference between cruise ships.  Ours is currently $98 per guest with the "sale" of buy one get one 50%.  We actually got a better deal before the black Friday "sale".  

Alot like what @Ryan79say about the "sale" price!  I've been paying more attention to the per guest price BEFORE the "sale"

The 70.99 30% BF deal is on Adventure, the 89.99 Buy One 50% off one is Icon.

The varying starting prices across ships and across different sailings on the same ship is a Royal thing.  On other lines where I'm booked, the price is the price.  It's not a constant used car sales technique of figuring out the most I'll pay or can afford.

I still enjoy sailing and feel like I can manage to get the things I want at the lowest price they'll ever offer it, but it requires work and babysitting I'm relieved of with other lines.

4 hours ago, Xaa said:

I still enjoy sailing and feel like I can manage to get the things I want at the lowest price they'll ever offer it, but it requires work and babysitting I'm relieved of with other lines.

I have only sailed on Royal. Do you find the other lines prices higher or lower? How do internet and drink packages generally compare to Royal pricing? I'm also asking if by babysitting do you get a better price than the fixed prices.

TIA

34 minutes ago, foxrunner said:

I have only sailed on Royal. Do you find the other lines prices higher or lower? How do internet and drink packages generally compare to Royal pricing? I'm also asking if by babysitting do you get a better price than the fixed prices.

TIA

I find the prices reasonable and in line with prices I would book on Royal.  I think the deepest discounts on Royal can be lower on some things.  It's a hard comparison because with RCI it's ship to ship differences and then sailing to sailing differences within the ships.

I don't drink alcohol, but one competitors bundle that includes Deluxe Drink, 4 device Wifi, 2 nights specialty dining and gratuities is less than buying the same on Royal with me substituting in even the Soda package at its lowest price in place of the DXB.  The cruise fare was also slightly less than a similar itinerary at the same time of year on a much older RCI ship.  That is the Love Boat line for your reference

I still love RCI and I don't hate all of their pricing.  I do dislike that nothing actually has a price.  They treat everything like an airline ticket.

I absolutely get value out of RCI and wouldn't cruise that other line with my kids, but not every cruise is a family cruise for us.

6 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Not understanding how @Lakotamarie or @jbrinkm could even price out just one package before adding another.  I’ve never been able to price out just one drink package..it automatically adds my husband right away noting that every eligible adult in the stateroom must purchase the package when one is.  When we want only one person to purchase it I have always had to call.  Just curious.

I didn't, I guess I was speaking hypothetically. Good catch. I don't really drink (4-5/year) and would never buy the drink package so I've never walked through that whole process online before. I just did the math and realized that his first total did NOT include the tip while the second one did. Probably because he couldn't go through the whole check out with only one package to have the tip added in!

19 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

You have to call Royal Caribbean and explain to them that 1 person in your cabin does not drink,  they will accommodate you, but you may be required to get the beverage package for sodas and coffee etc.  I believe there is a video here on RCBlog that explains that. 

13 hours ago, foxrunner said:

TIA

Sometimes Carnival has better drink package prices,  bur here's what you consider...

On Carnival,  only 15 drinks in 24 hrs, plus your drink package is worthless on princess cay.

On Royal it's unlimited Alcohol,  coffee at the promenade,  (excluding Starbucks) premium juices,  soda etc,  and your drink package works at Cocoa Cay...which Is huge also. 

We got the package for our December 14th cruise on Mariner with the buy 1 get 1 half off, and yes, it's $730 with tax and gratuity for 2, but we feel we will just break even...which is OK for us. Rather psy now then have a big bill on last day.

Also booked Izumi for Lunch with the Black Friday sale...$33 instead of $40.

I've been on 10 Carnival sailings and this is my 3rd RC sailing,,we are kind of done with them....but prices are pretty comparable. 

Wifi, special dining, drinks, etc.