xSAILEDx Symphony of the Seas - Feb. 10-18, 2024 - 8 night Southern Caribbean

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 12:43 PM, FionaMG said:

I'm on this one too. Being from the other side of the pond, I had no idea this was a super bowl cruise until after I'd booked it. I'm sure it will be an eye-opener for me. I have no idea what to expect.

It's my birthday that day too!

Happy Birthday! We did not realize it was a Super Bowl cruise either. From the videos I’ve seen, the game will be on in many venues with numerous snack options. It should be fun!

2 hours ago, ChadK74 said:

We have an 11:30am check-in time. I was in the app at 12:00am ship time. Hope everyone scored an early time!

Yes! Given the time difference, I didn't check in until the equivalent of 1.45 am EST (6.45 my time) but I did also get 11.30 am which I'm very happy with. 😁

12 minutes ago, TRagone said:

We also got 11:30 check in. This seems to be the earliest that was available. Also found out our room assignment is Central Park balcony. Looking forward to trying out this type of room! 😀

Our room assignment is central park balcony too. We have done boardwalk before but not central park so it will be a new experience for us too. 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Entertainment has just opened up to book in the Cruise Planner, if you all want to make your bookings.

If any of you are new to this class of ship and/or the need to pre-book your entertainment, the stand-up comedy shows are the ones that "sell out" fastest partly because they are in high demand and partly because the venue is small.

It's also a good idea to book the diving show (Hiro) early on in the cruise because it may get cancelled if the weather is unsuitable. If this happens the entertainment team will usually try to schedule a replacement performance later in the cruise but there's never a guarantee that they will be able to, so the earlier in the cruise you are booked the better your chance of seeing it later on if your chosen time/date get cancelled.

33 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Entertainment has just opened up to book in the Cruise Planner, if you all want to make your bookings.

If any of you are new to this class of ship and/or the need to pre-book your entertainment, the stand-up comedy shows are the ones that "sell out" fastest partly because they are in high demand and partly because the venue is small.

It's also a good idea to book the diving show (Hiro) early on in the cruise because it may get cancelled if the weather is unsuitable. If this happens the entertainment team will usually try to schedule a replacement performance later in the cruise but there's never a guarantee that they will be able to, so the earlier in the cruise you are booked the better your chance of seeing it later on if your chosen time/date get cancelled.

This happened to us on Oasis!  We had second night reservations (first night went off perfectly) which were cancelled.  They rescheduled for the last night!  I was so afraid that that night would also be cancelled and we would miss it entirely that we ended up doing the standby line on the 5th night.  So happy we made it because the last night show did, in fact, get cancelled!😠 

I’ll be on Symphony in May and most definitely will book one of the early in the week nights…probably the first one scheduled…lol!

8 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

This happened to us on Oasis!  We had second night reservations (first night went off perfectly) which were cancelled.  They rescheduled for the last night!  I was so afraid that that night would also be cancelled and we would miss it entirely that we ended up doing the standby line on the 5th night.  So happy we made it because the last night show did, in fact, get cancelled!😠 

I’ll be on Symphony in May and most definitely will book one of the early in the week nights…probably the first one scheduled…lol!

It's happened to us a couple of times too. Once, on Harmony, the replacement performance was cancelled too! Luckily, the new replacement on the last night of the cruise went off without a hitch. For this February 10th sailing, it's offered on nights 1, 3 and 4, so of course I've booked it for night 1! 😂

We did miss an ice skating show once because we'd booked the last performance of the cruise, which was right after lunch... No sooner had we sat down than the post-lunch snoozles caught up with us and we didn't wake up till it was all over! 🙄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Symphony of the Seas - Feb. 10-18, 2024 - 8 night Southern Caribbean