Royal UP payment question?

RCIfan1912

30 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

If they cannot charge the card, they move on. It’s why they won’t let you use a card that will expire before the cruise to input for RoyalUp

Not true. If the card fails for any reason (fraud protection exc) Royal up sends you an email for an updated credit card that is time sensitive. I’ve had issues several times with AMEX rejecting a charge from Royal Up. 

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Not true. If the card fails for any reason (fraud protection exc) Royal up sends you an email for an updated credit card that is time sensitive. I’ve had issues several times with AMEX rejecting a charge from Royal Up. 

Whew I hope you are right? I think I put in all the correct info but not 100% sure. 

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I am 100% positive. I wouldn’t count on that Royal Up though, it’s been tough even with maximum bids lately. 

Actually we were assigned a really good GTY balcony so it's not a big deal if we don't. There are still a bunch of suites open and we are 32 days out. I think it's possible we get some upgrade. We could just move to a junior suite when possibly junior suites move up. I'm actually surprised how many are still open. 

The strange thing is this, a few weeks ago I was checking suite availability and there were something like 12 open. Yesterday on the Royal Caribbean website it says sold out but my TA said there are quite a few open. Why would the website say sold out but TA can see a bunch open? Is that a thing that happens?