BOGO at specialty restaurants

Mike n Ky

On 10/2/2023 at 9:56 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Forgive this intrusion....not about BOGO, but on a peripheral topic.

For the first time EVER, Dan and I did an ala carte meal (Izumi, Grandeur) yesterday.  We wanted something light for lunch but honestly, I could not face going to the WJ (it has been a nightmare....this cruise has SO.MANY.CHILDREN.  Why aren't they in school ?...).  So we just went up to Izumi (no rez) and ordered some soup and dumplings.  Came out to $25 (including grat.) for both of us.  What a GREAT decision.  I will consider this again ANY time. 

Honestly, we rarely eat lunch...but this was a great solution for a quick, tasty meal....and worth every penny.

It is fall break for my Grands this week and it is fall break here next week so that is probably why so many kids are there. 

• 3 weeks later...

We're on Symphony for the transatlantic on Sunday and are planning to try and use our BOGO, but we don't want to eat either the 1st or 2nd night. We'd like to do night 5 and 10. Our plan is to hit Chops when we first board and see what we can work out. The way the benefit is worded it sys to buy a specially dinner on either the first or second night? It doesn't actually say you need to eat that night, perhaps it's implied. The other issue we have is that there are three of us. I've heard that a solo using the BOGO will just get 50% off.

12 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

We're on Symphony for the transatlantic on Sunday and are planning to try and use our BOGO, but we don't want to eat either the 1st or 2nd night. We'd like to do night 5 and 10. Our plan is to hit Chops when we first board and see what we can work out. The way the benefit is worded it sys to buy a specially dinner on either the first or second night? It doesn't actually say you need to eat that night, perhaps it's implied. The other issue we have is that there are three of us. I've heard that a solo using the BOGO will just get 50% off.

If you are making a reservation while on the ship, then you do not pre-pay for the meal.  So yes, buying does imply eating since you'll get the bill at the end of the meal like a normal restaurant.  The rule is written to encourage specialty dining on the first couple nights when the restaurants typically aren't as booked because many people (especially first time cruisers) don't do any planning and won't know to make reservations until they get on the ship.  For a transatlantic, I imagine they have more flexibility than normal given the length of the cruise but then again the clientele is also more experienced and restaurants may be more booked.