ID Section on Luggage Tags

Hey this is really no big deal, but I'm curious.   For an upcoming cruise, I have a JS that is definitely in the middle of the ship on deck 10.   However, the ID section that is colored in on my luggage tag is at the front of the ship.  I know the baggage handlers use that colored-in ID section to stage the luggage for easier distribution.  Obviously getting it from the front to the middle isn't going to be a big issue, but I was wondering if this is an error or if  it will delay my luggage arrival.

Also, do the colors and letters in that ID section mean something?  Mine is pink with the letter D.  

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, cruise-y said:

Hey this is really no big deal, but I'm curious.   For an upcoming cruise, I have a JS that is definitely in the middle of the ship on deck 10.   However, the ID section that is colored in on my luggage tag is at the front of the ship.  I know the baggage handlers use that colored-in ID section to stage the luggage for easier distribution.  Obviously getting it from the front to the middle isn't going to be a big issue, but I was wondering if this is an error or if  it will delay my luggage arrival.

Also, do the colors and letters in that ID section mean something?  Mine is pink with the letter D.  

Thanks!

We were on the Serenade this past March on deck 9 in a balcony cabin midship. Our luggage tags were colored and marked like yours with a 9 instead of 10. Perhaps the shaded pink area just means the front half of the ship and which side (port/starboard) your cabin is located. 

Here's a link for some inexpensive, very durable plastic luggage tags. Well worth the money, i don't like the idea of taping or stapling the luggage tags to the suitcase handle, I put these on at the port before I turn the bags over to the baggage handlers.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4SQNU4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wonder if it has something to do with the ship size, I was just on Liberty in June and my tags had 6 sections, forward, middle and aft, starboard and port, I was in a JS, starboard side, front and that is where my colored block is with the deck number.

I'm with @tiny260, I wonder if ship size has something to do with it.  Don't some tags only have 4 sections?  So a "mid" cabin will just show up fore or aft on the tag?

In another post, someone said the luggage handlers do like having the colors, it helps them, along with the #'s.  No idea what they mean.

14 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

I'm with @tiny260, I wonder if ship size has something to do with it.  Don't some tags only have 4 sections?  So a "mid" cabin will just show up fore or aft on the tag?

In another post, someone said the luggage handlers do like having the colors, it helps them, along with the #'s.  No idea what they mean.

I would agree ...... What ship are you on?  I know on Granduer, the ship was just divided into 4 sections (forward/aft port/starboard) --- We were midship yet just forward of the central elevators so our tags had us listed as being forward -- there were no issues -- got the luggage real close to when the cabins opened at 1:00.

The tags simply provide a location for the staging of luggage and which way it should be loaded onto the ship. The location listed on the tag itself is not directly related to where your cabin is located, only how they go about getting the luggage onto the ship and to your room.