"they must make their own reservations"

jbrinkm

My parents are going on a cruise with us for the first time. I've been booking some items in the cruise planner and I see their names both in app and on website (reservations ARE linked) but they are greyed out with the text "Because these guests have a different booking currency or group ID, they must make their own reservations until after the cruise begins."

Will I be able to do anything for them? Get a boarding time/check in when the time comes? Buy their excursions? This is their first cruise since the 80s and the ones they went on were all booked by my Dad's employer. They've never done any of the modern reservations/booking process and are relying on me to do certain things for them.

3 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

The simplest solution is probably to log into the Cruise Planner under their booking number and take care of it there.

Not as convenient as booking everything at once from your account, but you'll have access to do it that way.

I just had to do that because of the Labor Day sale I wanted to rebook the internet package.  I usually do everything thru my account but I had at some point been signed on to my husbands account to place the original order.  I just logged in as him and cancelled the higher priced internet package and rebooked to save almost $70.

16 hours ago, twangster said:

The note about the different booking currency and group ID is curious.  Did you book the cruise for them?  Was group space used?

When I want to pay for things for my adult son on his unique booking for a different cabin I just log in as him and book stuff. 

We both used the same MEI TA, but I booked a few months ago - two rooms for us and the teens - and we did get a group rate, which shows on our booking paperwork. My parents just booked a week ago and I don't see a group ID when I look at their paperwork. They did a guarantee window room. I'm assuming they fall into the "group ID" part of that statement because we're all booking from the USA and using American currency. 

3 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

We both used the same MEI TA, but I booked a few months ago - two rooms for us and the teens - and we did get a group rate, which shows on our booking paperwork. My parents just booked a week ago and I don't see a group ID when I look at their paperwork. They did a guarantee window room. I'm assuming they fall into the "group ID" part of that statement because we're all booking from the USA and using American currency. 

You are part of a headquarter group that allowed better pricing when you booked.  This shouldn't be confused with a group cruise type affinity group.  It's a sort of group available to an agency based on their affiliation.  It's likely that group filled up so when you parents booked they were booked as a regular FIT conventional booking.  So yeah you can't mix group bookings and FIT bookings. 

You could have a conversation with your TA about it but it's likely just easier to create a Royal login for them and use that to book their stuff.

If they hadn't used the group when you booked you would have likely paid hundreds more so it's a good problem to have. 

4 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Ask your TA to go ahead and pull them into the group. Most likely the TA is waiting until final payment to pull them in, but they can be pulled in now.