Check in

MargoC

I am now 44 days out from my sailing and when I try to check in (on the app or website) it says there’s been a glitch and to try back later. It’s been saying this for over a day now. I have deleted and redownloaded the app, changed my password, logged in/out numerous times and tried on multiple devices. I called Royal 2x to no avail. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? 

5 hours ago, MargoC said:

I am now 44 days out from my sailing and when I try to check in (on the app or website) it says there’s been a glitch and to try back later. It’s been saying this for over a day now. I have deleted and redownloaded the app, changed my password, logged in/out numerous times and tried on multiple devices. I called Royal 2x to no avail. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? 

This has happened to be before and I tried opening the website on chrome as incognito and it worked. Since we're helping you troubleshoot might as well give that a try to see if it helps.

yes--i am having problems with my check in for rc oasis of the seas   depart on oct 15th     tried 3 different web browsers--uploaded new version of windows--signed out of my account on home computer--uninstalled app on phone and reinstalled---none of this worked---called royal, told to keep trying and they forwarded my problem to "IT"

emailed royal---they responded and apologized---aslo told me that once i was on the ship to go to "Next Cruise" and book the next one--REALLY

i wanted to get this process over early to get the best boaeding times and make reservations to dinner and shows

i guess i will get the leftovers---worst times

i emailed royal again to show my dissappointment--waiting for reply--especiallt about booking again with them for my next cruise--no thank you

7 hours ago, tjcruisers said:

I found on the app there are 2 locations to do checkin. On our last 2 cruises if I used the check in icon on the app I’d always get an error (something like checkin isn’t open or it’s too late). When I went to the top and selected the profile there was a checkin button that worked

Same

10 hours ago, tjcruisers said:

I found on the app there are 2 locations to do checkin. On our last 2 cruises if I used the check in icon on the app I’d always get an error (something like checkin isn’t open or it’s too late). When I went to the top and selected the profile there was a checkin button that worked

Yes I found that out a few years ago…and mentioned it in a blog on here somewhere!  Always use the profile icon when using the app.

52 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Yes I found that out a few years ago…and mentioned it in a blog on here somewhere!  Always use the profile icon when using the app.

Yep, came across it on my cruise last Nov, then forget what I did and was swearing when I tried to check in for my August one. Now I have sticky note on the board beside my desk to remind me 🙂 .

Funny thing is Royal can't even get a consistent error. I have an IPhone and my one kid has a Samsung. I'd got an error on the IPhone that check in isn't available yet, try again later. Try on his phone and I got you missed check in as it has already closed, try at the port

This is such a helpful and timely thread...wife and I will be checking in on the app next Wednesday evening (11PM central, midnight eastern) and will try jumping straight to the arrival time (and adding our other info later).  We tried this for our last cruise in January and ran into error messages out of the gates, so we ended up checking in a couple days later.  This will be a trail run for the app check-in process for a large family group cruise coming up early next year.  Don't want to fumble navigating the app for that one...😆

Profile icon it is!

On 9/1/2023 at 10:25 PM, lauren s said:

yes--i am having problems with my check in for rc oasis of the seas   depart on oct 15th     tried 3 different web browsers--uploaded new version of windows--signed out of my account on home computer--uninstalled app on phone and reinstalled---none of this worked---called royal, told to keep trying and they forwarded my problem to "IT"

emailed royal---they responded and apologized---aslo told me that once i was on the ship to go to "Next Cruise" and book the next one--REALLY

i wanted to get this process over early to get the best boaeding times and make reservations to dinner and shows

i guess i will get the leftovers---worst times

i emailed royal again to show my dissappointment--waiting for reply--especiallt about booking again with them for my next cruise--no thank you

I have still been unable to check in. I just sent an email to Royal and a fbook message. Have you had any luck?

4 minutes ago, MargoC said:

I have still been unable to check in. I just sent an email to Royal and a fbook message. Have you had any luck?

Did you try the other trick from above, using the other check in option on the app, not the one on the bottom of the screen?